Well, the dyno numbers are in

nemoxii

Reaction score
Prior to PI swap: 177HP 246TQ
Post PI swap: 211HP 259TQ

Pretty happy with these numbers. I'm sure that number will be a little higher once I get a tune. Heres the dyno sheet, I had them lay over my NPI head numbers on it too. As you can also see from the sheet my Air/Fuel looks good too.

-Adam

[attachment deleted by admin]

NERD

Reaction score
Very cool... I was running rich as hell after I swapped in my PI motor. I think I was around 210 but I can't be for sure. I got it tuned and I went up to 261.

Reaction score
if the a/f ratio is the top one his aint that far off. what kinda dyno did they use nem? those numbers just seem a little low on the tq improvement

LI98GT

Reaction score
Ditching the stock mid pipe in favor of a higher flowing x or h will let that puppy properly breathe and sound soo much better. I see that it's in your plans and for me it was my most favorite mod because of those reasons. You've got an excellent base there to build on.

OP
OP
N

nemoxii

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
those numbers are low...I hope it goes up like 30+ rwhp with a tune.

211rwhp = about 263 FWHP when you consider a 20% loss over the drive train, so like I said I'm very happy.

LI98GT said:
Ditching the stock mid pipe in favor of a higher flowing x or h will let that puppy properly breathe and sound soo much better. I see that it's in your plans and for me it was my most favorite mod because of those reasons. You've got an excellent base there to build on.

Thanks man, yeah I was looking at my stock mid pipe...the damn thing has 6 cats on it...6!!!! No wonder my poor pony cant breath.

xsoutherngun89x said:
if the a/f ratio is the top one his aint that far off. what kinda dyno did they use nem? those numbers just seem a little low on the tq improvement

The top A/F is with the PI heads, bottom one is before, so my A/F looks good. I thought that too about the tq number, not sure whats going on there. They used a dynojet.

glittle75

Reaction score
yeah, you need to change the mid pipe.

i pulled 204 hp and 279 tq with my 98 gt. and all i have done is a Mac cai, 75mm TB, bassani o/r X, and slp loudmouth 2 catback. and a Xcal 3 tune.

your torque numbers should be closer if not over 300 to the wheels. check out the tune, and the x pipe is well worth thr money, you can feel alittle "snappyness" come in on the low end torque side.

just be sure to keep your stock pipe incase you have problems with emissions with your state.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
theres 4 cats and 2 resonators on the stock mid pipe....im just saying that everyone else dynos way higher than that with those mods.

hell, im npi heads and cams and I would expect to dyno 220-230 whp with the way my car runs right now

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Those are low, you should be 250 RWHP not FWHP, Might explain your slow 1/4 mile times. i'm a second faster then you on stock heads and intake and cams. :dunno:

OP
OP
N

nemoxii

Reaction score
Lol, where do you get 250 rwhp? Certainly you dont believe my very modest bolt ons would add 40+ hp to the engine do you? I'm working with a good 20% loss across the drivetrain, which is probably being a little conservative, most people will say go with a 17% or so. To expect numbers of 250+ at the wheels I would have to be over 300 at the flywheel. I practically have a stock 99+ engine now, with 10.5:1 compression(which wouldn't add 40+ HP either). My suggestion would be dont believe everything you read on the internet. I honestly was hopeing for around 220, but 250+ is retarded.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
nemoxii said:
Lol, where do you get 250 rwhp? Certainly you dont believe my very modest bolt ons would add 40+ hp to the engine do you? I'm working with a good 20% loss across the drivetrain, which is probably being a little conservative, most people will say go with a 17% or so. To expect numbers of 250+ at the wheels I would have to be over 300 at the flywheel. I practically have a stock 99+ engine now, with 10.5:1 compression(which wouldn't add 40+ HP either). My suggestion would be dont believe everything you read on the internet. I honestly was hopeing for around 220, but 250+ is retarded.
not getting it from the internet there sparky, plenty of folks around here see 245 on stock PI motors. Might be the automatic thats killin ya

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
there was a guy here making 238RWHP with an auto npi with full bolt ons.

Most Pi swapped NPI's make 240+ rwhp.

Nobodys trying to be a dick but your car is not 100%, its slower in the 1/4 than it should be, and is making less power than it should.

Somethings gotta be causing it...maybe your tranny is shot or something.

OP
OP
N

nemoxii

Reaction score
Sparky? Eh, whatever. Look, I really don't think anyone is trying to be a dick, but please, I'm not a kid. Now I can look at facts, like what a 99+ GT is rated at and what a 96-98 GT is rated at. I can also do the math and figure out approxamatly what my rwhp should be. Funny thing is, the dyno seems to back up what I come up with, so what do I believe? A 17 yr old kid on the internet claiming I should be at 250, or the dyno and the math?

Telling me this guy made that, and that guy made this, doesn't prove crap. I know for a fact there is power to be had from my car, and I plan on harvesting that power, but there isn't anything wrong with it. 211 hp is not what I hoped for after the swap, but its honestly higher than I expected.

Seems like the second I try to contend someone saying how low my numbers are, or how slow my time is, everyone jumps on me saying I'm telling you your all wrong. I'm not trying to do that at all, what I am trying to do is get the facts behind your numbers. I can, and have, backed up every number I've thrown up with a timeslip, dyno chart, or atleast an explaination of how I got the number. What I would expect in return is either why my facts are wrong, or atleast something telling me why yours are right.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
your numbers are what they are man, but i'm saying you SHOULD be faster/higher hp, and the fact that i'm 17 doesn't have shit to do with it, i've been working on cars for 10 years, I work at a ford store between the parts counter and the shop, i've had 15+ mustangs, I've been around horsepower, and I have a drag car and go racing every weekend, so don't try and bs generalize me or anyone else because of age. Maybe you just don't want to hear it, but i'm running a damn second faster on you with just bolt ons on street tires, i don't know man, but somethings wrong

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well for starter's he has a transmission that's about to check out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001