What chip/tunner should I use

chado31

Reaction score
I am putting a 331 stroker in my 95 GT What chip/programmer should I use??

Cam 222/232 @.050
.534 LIFT
112 LOBE CENTER
3.25 STROKE
65MM THROTLE BODY
75MM MAS AIR
24# INJECTORS

THANKS FOR ANY HELP

MuscleInc1320

Reaction score
dude i put a venom performance module in my 94 gt with some mods and it works great. plus it enhances any other chips that you get.

ryclef331

Reaction score
MuscleInc1320 said:
dude i put a venom performance module in my 94 gt with some mods and it works great. plus it enhances any other chips that you get.

With his motor and combo, there is NO WAY i'd slap on some off the shelf part DESIGNED TO ENHANCE A STOCK TO BOLT ON CAR on my car. Those chips work by LEANING OUT THE FUEL MIX and ADVANCING TIMING requiring you to run premium fuel all the time. Add more cubes, more compression, and more cam....you've got a motor now that you're going to have to be a bit more conservative with timing and fuel on it to protect your investment.

Put your car on a dyno and get it tuned by a pro....or get a wideband, laptop, some software and do it yourself if you're feeling froggy. I wouldn't put a non programable off the shelf chip on anything I own. There is MUCH more power to be had with other options.

OP
OP
C

chado31

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help, Does anyone know of a good shop to get it tuned at??? I live in Western PA

fast5oh

Reaction score
What software and connectors would you need to use your lap top to tune?

stang94X

Reaction score
summit racing sells a engine management system, i really dont know how good it is and it does cost quite a bit and for more than half the price of what it cost you can get a custom dyno tune, i'm pretty bias so i would say find a place that does sct tunes

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online