What color should I paint my wheels

turion94

Reaction score
I'm thinking about spray painting my Bullitts. I think black chrome might look good. I'll be spraying the lip too. Any suggestions on what color would look good?

Royal96

Reaction score
Black chrome might be interesting, because I've actually never seen any bullitts in black chrome come to think of it. I vote that. Chrome chrome bullitts are too flashy imo and black black bullitts are too subdue.

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score
Black chrome might be interesting, because I've actually never seen any bullitts in black chrome come to think of it. I vote that. Chrome chrome bullitts are too flashy imo and black black bullitts are too subdue.

Here is a pic of Black Chrome Bullitts

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score
From what I've read you spray a black base coat and then the chrome top coat. Depending on how many coats you use is how chrome it looks. So I would have to be careful not to put too many coats on.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would need to see this chrome top coat your talking about as the only real chrome paint I have seen is a very expensive process that not everyone can do. Or else is a very dull/flat not-chrome looking aluminum paint at the best.
[video=youtube;Up_CLJXRyaM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up_CLJXRyaM[/video]

The only way to do black chrome I know of is with powder which will not be cheap since you will need to strip the old stuff off before you could put it on and from what I have heard it is not a durable finish. Most of the people I know that did it had it either flake off or fade.

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score
[video=youtube_share;CSUgbuB4gHo]http://youtu.be/CSUgbuB4gHo[/video]

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score
These guys sprayed too much chrome but this seems pretty easy.

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score
$150 a kit!? No way. I'll have to go a different route if that's the case. Maybe I'll go gloss black.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
How about testors model paint? Premium rattle can paint! Keep us informed if you try it.

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score
I've tried plasti-dip. It didn't seem to last long. But I guess that's the point right?

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score
I might just plasti dip again, dip the emblems, remove the stainless bumper decals and tint the tail lights.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I like how oranges car has the lighter silver, black looks good but is very subtle as you said earlier. I did mine white and kept the polished lip, definitely makes the rims the boldest part of a black car though

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea like I said the real chrome paint isn't cheap but does look easy and almost anything else I have seen come from a can labeled as chrome was a flat silver. For the price of a DIY kit you could probably get a basic powder job done professionally. I think I would try doing just the centers and leave the outer rim and emblems as they are with what ever color you pic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott