What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice I just scored one for my shop snows pretty much all melted here so car cruising again is soon .

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Put the timing cover back on, new water pump, balancer and pulleys and new belt. Still waiting on the hoses now for 2 weeks so decided to hold off on putting the fan and coolant reservoir back in until i get the new hoses on. Also installed a new t-stat while it was apart. After I get the new hoses I have to add AF and gonna change the oil before I fire it up

wmfateam

Reaction score
Installed thermostat, power steering pump, radiator, alternator and found I need to do a better job bagging and labeling bolts! Also my alternator pulley off not lining up so I have to investigate that next week. I'm glad the wiring harness just kinda "falls" into place having been in the same location for 20 years.

weendoggy

Reaction score
So I am working a bit of a different project
Got a couple of them going
Here is one View attachment 32909
And on Monday I'm having more concrete put in front of my 2 buildings View attachment 32910
16 feet out from buildings and end to end on buildings
Nice. Just put a 24x24 garage in our place in NV. Has a 24x24 approach as well. Now I have to fill it. :D

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice
The more space I have the more crap I pick up seems

Facts . Trying to make a deal on this grabber blue maverick guys trying to sell it with a white 96 gt for a drive train swap . I asked how much with out he said it’s a package and if someone doesn’t buy it he will build it . I’m going to give it some more time now and ask him again in a month or so .

optionizerSS

Reaction score
I might buy a Maverick for my grandson. He will be 2 next month and his name is Maverick. Me and his other grandfather were friends after high school and were both car guys so pretty sure he will be too...lol

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I might buy a Maverick for my grandson. He will be 2 next month and his name is Maverick. Me and his other grandfather were friends after high school and were both car guys so pretty sure he will be too...lol
I’ve always liked them . My dogs named maverick too

b1pig

Reaction score
Pulled the '94 out from the shelter to wash off all the pollen and dust. Vacuumed it out and put the new floor mats in. Puts the exclamation point on that interior.
1708906556273.png

Beginning to think harder about what my wife said to me a few weeks ago...
Might be up for a fresh coat of paint.

1708906678435.png

I got pulled away from this little project. I was gonna get a start at it this afternoon, but the wife had me do something for her, so it will have to wait. Again. Gives me some time to pick up a few little things.

1708906769551.png

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Changed the oil in the '95 after the timing cover/water pump replacement. Then washed the '05 Roush and took it to a local state park and took a few pics then drove it to Best Buy to get a Bluetooth receiver that plugs into the cigarette lighter and can connect it to my phone to stream from my phone through the cars system. Sounds good

joemomma

Reaction score
Set in on smoke testing the car on Saturday. My homemade smoke tester ended up working really well. I disconnected the intake tube from the TB and put a sturdy nitrile glove over the end to block that off, then started pumping smoke in from the brake booster. I immediately found a huge source of smoke at the back of the intake manifold. I found a broken vacuum line, and one that was just completely disconnected.

7nNTLr2.jpg
I found this guy broken, not sure what it goes to. It goes in to the firewall below the canister hard line. I repaired the break with a new vacuum cap (I just drilled a small hole in the end, slightly smaller than the hose going to it and forced it in, and then connected the open end of the cap over the plastic fitting you see. Cruise control maybe?

537VdYp.jpg
This guy was just hanging out, loose. It comes off the bottom of the upper intake manifold at the back. NO IDEA where it should be going, I looked around but couldn't see anything. So, I just capped it off.

While I was under the hood, I decided I would clean the low coolant sensor, as I've had a "low coolant" idiot light on basically since I've owned the car. I decided it was just a defective/dirty sensor as they are known to fail and the car wasn't running hot. Never bothered to actually check the level. Well, consider me an idiot. The overflow was completely dry. So I added some water after cleaning the sensor with isopropyl alcohol. No more idiot light. Also to note - I was unable to get the radiator cap off. It would turn a bit, then it should just pop right off correct? I couldn't get it to come off. Will investigate that later.

Happy to report that the idle has settled down quite a bit, but I'm still getting hanging revs between shifts. I have a IAC restrictor plate coming, hopefully that will fix it. Also should note that since I repaired some vacuum lines, I thought I would check the cruise control again (it was janky acting when trying to use it previously, wouldn't hold a good speed). Happy to report it works like a charm.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Set in on smoke testing the car on Saturday. My homemade smoke tester ended up working really well. I disconnected the intake tube from the TB and put a sturdy nitrile glove over the end to block that off, then started pumping smoke in from the brake booster. I immediately found a huge source of smoke at the back of the intake manifold. I found a broken vacuum line, and one that was just completely disconnected.

View attachment 32950
I found this guy broken, not sure what it goes to. It goes in to the firewall below the canister hard line. I repaired the break with a new vacuum cap (I just drilled a small hole in the end, slightly smaller than the hose going to it and forced it in, and then connected the open end of the cap over the plastic fitting you see. Cruise control maybe?

View attachment 32951
This guy was just hanging out, loose. It comes off the bottom of the upper intake manifold at the back. NO IDEA where it should be going, I looked around but couldn't see anything. So, I just capped it off.

While I was under the hood, I decided I would clean the low coolant sensor, as I've had a "low coolant" idiot light on basically since I've owned the car. I decided it was just a defective/dirty sensor as they are known to fail and the car wasn't running hot. Never bothered to actually check the level. Well, consider me an idiot. The overflow was completely dry. So I added some water after cleaning the sensor with isopropyl alcohol. No more idiot light. Also to note - I was unable to get the radiator cap off. It would turn a bit, then it should just pop right off correct? I couldn't get it to come off. Will investigate that later.

Happy to report that the idle has settled down quite a bit, but I'm still getting hanging revs between shifts. I have a IAC restrictor plate coming, hopefully that will fix it. Also should note that since I repaired some vacuum lines, I thought I would check the cruise control again (it was janky acting when trying to use it previously, wouldn't hold a good speed). Happy to report it works like a charm.
That small line going through the firewall is for your dash actuators for the air conditioner. If that’s not hooked up, the vents won’t switch modes from defrost.

joemomma

Reaction score
How did you build the smoke tester? I'm thinking about doing a smoke test myself, too.
I pretty much followed the one that Brew2L made in his YT video. It's basically a 4" PVC septic cleanout, tiki torch wick, small gauge SS wire, a couple small bolts, baby oil and some quick connect air fittings.

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
I built that same one. Was like $50 in lowes and Amazon parts. Works really really well too. I've used it for a few things not just cars.

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Gauges in the Roush were jacked up so did some research and found bad stepper motors are the culprit. I ordered new stepper motors last week and tonight took the cluster out and de-soldered the old steppers and soldered the new ones in. Went out for a cruise and calibrated the gauges and put it all back together.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lndabrkes01

Members online

No members online now.