What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

badass98svt

Reaction score
I picked up my 18x9 Steeda Ultralites from powder coat this morning. Had them done in Super Chrome Plus and then a clear applied over that.
The result is an amazing finish. Not as reflective as chrome, but it looks great. I really like it.
Now I need to locate someone that does 3D domed custom center cap stickers.

I have the Saleen Lemans wheels that I will most likely give the same treatment to, but I first need to get 2 of them widened. Anyone know a good place in MA/NH or at least New England? BTW, Weld Craft told me to call back in April to book something.

Anyway, here's the Steedas

PXL_20240227_164011174.jpg
PXL_20240227_164036069.jpg

PXL_20240227_164017396.jpg

PXL_20240227_164025953.jpg

b1pig

Reaction score
Also to note - I was unable to get the radiator cap off. It would turn a bit, then it should just pop right off correct? I couldn't get it to come off. Will investigate that later.
The cap should turn almost 180 degrees to come off. It will turn part way, then catch. There is a step for the cap to stop at. Doing so releases SOME of the tension on the main spring allowing excess system pressure to bleed off in a controlled (or semi-controlled) manner before completely removing the cap. Some are more stubborn... you may need to press the cap in (down), then continue turning.

b1pig

Reaction score
I picked up my 18x9 Steeda Ultralites from powder coat this morning. Had them done in Super Chrome Plus and then a clear applied over that.
The result is an amazing finish. Not as reflective as chrome, but it looks great. I really like it.

I have the Saleen Lemans wheels that I will most likely give the same treatment to, but I first need to get 2 of them widened. Anyone know a good place in MA/NH or at least New England? BTW, Weld Craft told me to call back in April to book something.

View attachment 32987
View attachment 32988

View attachment 32989

View attachment 32990

WET CLEAN-UP, ISLE 2!!! :D:D:D:D

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score

View attachment 32987
View attachment 32988

View attachment 32989

View attachment 32990
Those turned out nice I wanna get mine re done just because of a couple chips in the lug nuts holes so small only I notice them . Now that you said widen makes me wanna make the rear 10” wide

badass98svt

Reaction score
Those turned out nice I wanna get mine re done just because of a couple chips in the lug nuts holes so small only I notice them . Now that you said widen makes me wanna make the rear 10” wide
Thanks. Yeah I like the way they came out.
The Saleens are only 8.5" wide. Way too narrow. At least the 9" on the Steedas I can work with. Maybe a Nitto 285 on the back.

joemomma

Reaction score
The cap should turn almost 180 degrees to come off. It will turn part way, then catch. There is a step for the cap to stop at. Doing so releases SOME of the tension on the main spring allowing excess system pressure to bleed off in a controlled (or semi-controlled) manner before completely removing the cap. Some are more stubborn... you may need to press the cap in (down), then continue turning.
Yep got it sorted! Just had to push down and continue turning.

wmfateam

Reaction score
Found out that the little spacer in my Steeda under drive pulley kit was indeed needed for my 03 GT motor after my alternator would not turn nor line up. Quick email to Steeda and a new spacer is on the way. Cleaned the injectors and rail and used a 96-98 heater core line to loop the two coolant lines together, bypassing the heater core. Also picked up an 03-04 V6 hood to start my hood vent project.

weendoggy

Reaction score
Attempted to fix the rotation of the steering wheel grip. Saw this on YT (gotta believe YT) and thought, what the heck...
IMG_6172.JPG
Got my trusty lab kit out and went on to the patient. A little goes a long way (expands to 3 times) so take caution on injections.
Basically injected at thread seams about every two inches, alternating placement and direction. Plus, it goes in reeeaallllyyyy slow.

IMG_6173.JPG
Placed wax paper on the grip and then taped as tight as I could to keep shape, knowing the expansion of glue. Let it sit overnight.

IMG_6174.JPG
Remove tape (wax paper came off with) and then cleaned up a few areas where glue seeped out. Not bad and touched
up seam areas with black marker (close enough). Results were fantastic! NO MORE ROTATION when gripping the wheel.
I'll give it a try end of March at my track event. So far, very pleased.

wmfateam

Reaction score
Installed the Lars X Pipe, O2 sensor extensions and Mil eliminators, alternator, starter wiring, engine grounds, motor mount nuts, egr tube, fuel rail/injectors, plenum and vacuum hoses. Hopefully attempting to start it next week and see if I will be replacing the fuel pump as well.
IMG_20240229_194440043.jpgIMG_20240229_195054294.jpg

rio_snek

Reaction score
Installed the Lars X Pipe, O2 sensor extensions and Mil eliminators, alternator, starter wiring, engine grounds, motor mount nuts, egr tube, fuel rail/injectors, plenum and vacuum hoses. Hopefully attempting to start it next week and see if I will be replacing the fuel pump as well.
How's the fitment on the X Pipe? Mine is a little rough from years of driving the car slammed and it's nearly impossible to find an offroad pipe.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I will get a couple of my projects out out of the way
I need to finish the concrete on the other building
And put a cross path along the back to take my tool boxes and other stuff back and forth without touching
Grable
Then building or adding to awning on the other building
Then put up 6 shade pole for shade panels
The I can start on my 351 once again
Last time I touched it was when I installed cam bearings
I still have all my parts
Can't wait for projects to get done

Last edited:

rio_snek

Reaction score
I can convert it to a vector file for you if ya need some help.
I really appreciate the offer. I found out that Adobe will convert images from PDF files into vectors for free online, so I used that to get it right. This is as far as I've gotten so far though, it's more of a spare time project right now.
20240221_094114.jpg

duh09

Legend
Reaction score
Nothing but I helped install a fuel tank, and the exhaust in my buddies F-150. Showed him how to use the vacuum coolant bleeder as well.

View attachment 33042
View attachment 33050

Got to eyeball some nice stuff all day.

View attachment 33043View attachment 33044View attachment 33045View attachment 33046View attachment 33047View attachment 33048

He then welded up my x-pipe as a thank you.

View attachment 33049

I just got one of those vacuum bleeders in to fill up my F250, it's time to drain and swap. I'm pretty excited to use it.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I just got one of those vacuum bleeders in to fill up my F250, it's time to drain and swap. I'm pretty excited to use it.

It’s amazing. No need to draw it down beyond 20 inHg and make sure you don’t let the level in your bucket run out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raz2752