What is really available and recomended for the 94-95s now?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have been wanting too put on a supercharger for a while now and hoping to have enough saved up after Christmas to get one. Seems like the only thing I can really find now is vortec and I have no issues with them but wasn't sure if anyone would recommend differently? I thought procharger had something for it but I can't seem to find anything from any of the parts places today. Something like this I would rather buy new and know I will pay for it but don't mind saving for a little longer if needed. I am still new too motors and even newer too superchargers but trying to learn...

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I wanted too and like the idea but the reliability of the supercharger seems to be a step up on the turbo systems from what I hear.

Wichers123

Reaction score
I'll tell you this reliability is the same. I thought the same thing and I wish I would have gone turbo. The adjustability of turbo and the fact that you can control much easier supercharger your just stuck with whatever boost it makes with that pulley.

Addermk2

Reaction score
Definitely go turbo. My build is going to start off running only 6psi, but when I'm ready to add more, its just a boost controller or wastegate spring away.

With the turbo build, I'm not looking to make XYZ power... I'm trying to stay under 600. LOL!

Mustanger

Reaction score
Kenne Bell makes a positive displacement model for our 94-95's, I lean that way over the Vortech for the instant hit...

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'd go SC scott. I dont know too much about the 5.0 options, but if KB makes something, I'd go with that.

I wouldnt go turbo if you're not experienced with boost/motor. The turbo systems are without a doubt more complicated and expensive. Yes you can get a cheap kit, but you get what you pay for. Yes you can build your own kit for fairly cheap, but you dont know what your looking for turbo wise. Then once you do have the kit, you have to try and get everything to fit which can quickly turn into a nightmare.

I believe a supercharger may be better. They're fairly straight forward; bolt on, change a few things like injectors and pump, tune. Superchargers are extremely nice to drive. They dont run when you dont want them to, but are instantly there when you want it.

I am bias on superchargers though. But I would eventually like to play with a turbo some day.

Addermk2

Reaction score
I'd go SC tony. I dont know too much about the 5.0 options, but if KB makes something, I'd go with that.

I wouldnt go turbo if you're not experienced with boost/motor. The turbo systems are without a doubt more complicated and expensive. Yes you can get a cheap kit, but you get what you pay for. Yes you can build your own kit for fairly cheap, but you dont know what your looking for turbo wise. Then once you do have the kit, you have to try and get everything to fit which can quickly turn into a nightmare.

I believe a supercharger may be better. They're fairly straight forward; bolt on, change a few things like injectors and pump, tune. Superchargers are extremely nice to drive. They dont run when you dont want them to, but are instantly there when you want it.

I am bias on superchargers though. But I would eventually like to play with a turbo some day.

Your bias is due to flawed info. Turbos are not hard, complicated or overly expensive. That's also why more cars come with them stock v/s superchargers.

They are also more efficient too.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I was not giving information, I was giving an opinion.

Turbos are not complicated and difficult for you, but I think superchargers are much easier to pick up on.

If turbos are so great, why does the majority of the mustang world go SC?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's also why more cars come with them stock v/s superchargers.
This is flawed information.

Manufactors typically use turbos because of the efficiency. Not because Addermk2 thinks turbos are not hard, complicated or overly ​ expensive.

Addermk2

Reaction score
If turbos are so great, why does the majority of the mustang world go SC?

Because you could buy a vortech kit for $2000, where until recently a good turbo kit was $5000+.

Flow for flow, a turbo makes more power.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I thought turbos weren't overly expensive? That's over 2.5 times the cost!

I don't think scott is building a drag car. I think he just wants to have some boost to play with and for the coolness factor.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
By the time you are done with the k-member and everything else I am not sure the turbo is the same price by any means. I am not a tweeker that wants to mess with tuning/problems I really just want something I know will work. Finding anyone with exp on a turbo mustang around here is harder then I thought it would be as I wanted too go turbo but after reading/looking around I changed my mind. I appreciate the thought but its really not something I am considering....

Addermk2

Reaction score
I thought turbos weren't overly expensive? That's over 2.5 times the cost!

I don't think tony is building a drag car. I think he just wants to have some boost to play with and for the coolness factor.
I said until recently. The On3 kit can be had with add-ons for under 2k. And that's an intercooled setup. You won't see a vortech kit intercooled for less than $3300.

By the time you are done with the k-member and everything else I am not sure the turbo is the same price by any means. I am not a tweeker that wants to mess with tuning/problems I really just want something I know will work. Finding anyone with exp on a turbo mustang around here is harder then I thought it would be as I wanted too go turbo but after reading/looking around I changed my mind. I appreciate the thought but its really not something I am considering....

See, uninformed. The 4.6l guys suffer with needing the K-member swap. The 5.0 kits, specifically the On3 kit, is designed around the stock k-member.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I said until recently. The On3 kit can be had with add-ons for under 2k. And that's an intercooled setup. You won't see a vortech kit intercooled for less than $3300.

The on3 kits are junky... You get what you pay for.

Addermk2

Reaction score
The on3 kits are junky... You get what you pay for.

Yes its true that the On3 kits had some wastegate issues a few years ago. Those problems were dealt with, and have been fixed. People like you keep perpetuating rumors. Have you ever installed an On3 kit? Because mine fit pretty damn good.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I didn't come here too start a turbo/supercharger war, I came here to ask about superchargers. I am not looking to have the highest HP car around just looking for a good solid/proven way to get more out of the motor reliably.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes its true that the On3 kits had some wastegate issues a few years ago. Those problems were dealt with, and have been fixed. People like you keep perpetuating rumors. Have you ever installed an On3 kit? Because mine fit pretty damn good.
I'm not spouting off bs. I have no idea why you're getting butt hurt. The OP didn't mention anything about turbos. He asked about superchargers...

Have you installed a SC? I'm pretty damn happy with my reliable $500 100whp supercharger.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Any additional name calling and/or personal attacks will result with an infraction being issued. This is the only warning.

Back on topic please.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't think you can go wrong with any name brand stuff, just depends how extensive of an install you want. For example something with a fmic is going to take more work. Also some kits will include more of the supporting mods so that could be something to check too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeanfltns01