What is really available and recomended for the 94-95s now?

95opal

Reaction score
Scott since your set on a SC ask yourself this, intercooled or not as this is where some of the kits are more of a pita than others. For instance vortechs aren't really set up for intercooling where as prochargers are. Not that you cant intercool a vortech just that it takes a bit more creativeness and fab work. Id don't think I would bother with the KB on the 5.0 as they tend to be the heat monsters of the bunch. If it were me id be looking at Vortech SI, or Paxton novi 2000. Never cared for how prochargers are set up on our cars just to cluttered looking with the air filter setup and that's a big issue for me lol

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Adder I know turbo is the way too go for big power, and I know that they can be reliable but I also know karma likes to treat me like a dirty diaper....

I found the procharger kit on am muscle, was surprised I thought the only thing they carried now for us was the mach chin spoiler. Its a lot more $$$ but come with the intercooler and fuel/ign crap I would need as well.

What about meth vs an intercooler?

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ttocs- What exactly are your plans for the car? Are you just wanting some boost to give it a kick in the rear or are you actually shooting for a specific HP range?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What about meth vs an intercooler?
This is a whole different argument...
Are you asking the comparison of only cooling with meth OR intercooler?
IMO, intercooler is better. Being able to use an intercooler is typically ideal. However there are situations (Like my setup) where intercooler isn't possible.

Meth works very good, but you are putting water into the engine. People think meth causes pitting and other horrible things (Not say if this is true or not).
Meth is also another separate system which can fail. If you tune a vehicle to run on meth and the pump fails you're going to have a bad time. You can solve this though by putting in gauges/lights/sensors.
In my case my car is tuned for temperature, once it reaches that temperature is automatically retards. So if the meth fails, the temperature quickly rises, system retard, world is saved.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I just want to point out that Ttocs' name is Scott, not Tony. Lol, carry on.

where the hell did i see tony's name?!?

Sorry scott... tony must have messaged me while I was reading the OP or something. I'm so confused now :confused:

Edited my first posts, sorry scott haha

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
From what I gather, Scott wants a little more balls in the car. Probably in the 4-450 range.

A vortech or kenne bell would more than suit his needs. Simple, bolt on, tune, ride out.

Yes, turbos are more efficient, but he noted he doesn't want one, so it's best to just let that go and stop trying to convince him.

Good luck scott!

Addermk2

Reaction score
From what I gather, Scott wants a little more balls in the car. Probably in the 4-450 range.

A vortech or kenne bell would more than suit his needs. Simple, bolt on, tune, ride out.

Yes, turbos are more efficient, but he noted he doesn't want one, so it's best to just let that go and stop trying to convince him.

Good luck scott!

He wanted one, but misinformation and general lack of experience has made him think that his car will fall apart if he installs one.

I don't plan to make billions of HP. I'm actually trying to stay UNDER 600.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
To the inexperienced, I think a supercharger is easier, though, as you mentioned, it's easier to expand on a turbo system. I have much experience with both. I just personally prefer positive displacement blowers.

Wichers123

Reaction score
If you go boost no matter what direction you go intercooler is a must. I don't run one and I'm regretting it. All in all I'm completely disappointed with my vortech. Constant iat's of 160-200 degrees sucks balls. Intercooler and 8 rib are in the works for me.

chris91

Reaction score
I thoroughly enjoyed the s trim I had on my old 94 vert. For a street car they are plenty.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
You can add meth injection to any setup and it should give you a nice decrease in intake temps. More money but don't need to tubing or space for a front mount.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you go boost no matter what direction you go intercooler is a must. I don't run one and I'm regretting it. All in all I'm completely disappointed with my vortech. Constant iat's of 160-200 degrees sucks balls. Intercooler and 8 rib are in the works for me.

Thanks that I what I am looking for. I am not looking to be the baddest hp stang but want more out of it for sure. kind of leaning towards procharge myself now as it has the intercooler with the kit already. Will need to save a little longer then I would for the vortech but hopefully its worth it.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Am I the only one that likes the prochargers....

AYbbkFWl.jpg

Suspect

Reaction score
i like em too, but damn the filter is in a bad place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slickmop

Members online