What is really available and recomended for the 94-95s now?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am not big on the look of the procharger honestly and if I was going for looks I would go for KB but picking a power adder based on how it looks is not something I am worried about.
[MENTION=9659]95opal[/MENTION] - I have not heard about bracket or pulley issues can you expand on that a bit?

Wichers123

Reaction score
I am not big on the look of the procharger honestly and if I was going for looks I would go for KB but picking a power adder based on how it looks is not something I am worried about.
95opal - I have not heard about bracket or pulley issues can you expand on that a bit?
They us a thin aluminum plate with spacers to make it right with front of the motor, vortech is a thick cast molded to the front of the engine to fit tighter and stronger.

also you should really think about piecing together a kit it would be much cheaper. My whole kit I have 2300 including fuel support.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
They us a thin aluminum plate with spacers to make it right with front of the motor, vortech is a thick cast molded to the front of the engine to fit tighter and stronger.
Is it known to fail or just a thing that someone doesn't like?

jedpony

Reaction score
Procharger FTW! Might be a little biased. I really wasn't looking to buy a supercharger, but this one fell in my lap for 1400$ complete. I also like the fact that not too many guys are running them on 94-95's.

DSC_4253_0131_zps989348d8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Mustanger

Reaction score
I read about a new Procharger that you can vary the boost while you drive & it tunes itself ...a good magazine article for sure but I don't remember much else...just coming out now probably not for our sn95's but don't know the details...anybody help here? It was incredible technology but gonna be $$$$$$

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Am I the only one that likes the prochargers....

AYbbkFWl.jpg
I don't dislike pro charger. I dislike
The 94/95 kits. The way every thing is routed looks horrible. . Who wants an ugly filter next to the intake manifold. . Intercooler piping running up front.. to me it looks like something some one put together in the garage. .

blackpony

Reaction score
Procharger still makes kits for these cars. nice p1sc along with a large 3 row intercooler would be killer! couple that with a nice set of heads cam and properly built shortblock you can safely make 450-480 rwhp through a manual. I have installed multiple on3 kits and everyone has been a complete pos. i would not recommend them to my worst enemy. I have installed a bunch 100+ procharger setups on everything from a mustang, to a corvette, to a yukon suv and everything in between. I have probably installed one of every setup they make for domestic vehicles, and never once have I ran into any sort of fitment issue. They have always been top notch kits with great customer service!

blackpony

Reaction score
I'd like the new variable Procharger!

I visited with the owner and lead design engineer with Procharger at SEMA last month. This new unit is a pretty neat idea. You have to wire up this control box to the head unit, but yes you basically can change the boost level in terms of peak boost numbers, and amount of boost off the hit etc. Basically like having a waste gate setup to where you can have almost instant say 8# of boost on the hit! Pretty neat unit, I am yet to install one, but hoping to get me hands on one soon.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ooooh new tech toys(with buttons and lights it sounds like :p ) please don't give me a link too that.....

So between KB and procharger, which would ya do?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, I would go Kenne Bell between those two, but I favor a positive displacement blower over centrifugal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slickmop

Members online