What is this white connector near PCM 98 MUSTANG GT

Reaction score
1987-2004-mustang-computer-code-location-2.jpg
The white connector at the top of the picture, has one yellow wire coming out of the other side

, All data just crashed on my computer so i can't look it up,

also there is what appears to be a two wire ground( red and black) near the pcm, does anyone know where that goes?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If this isn't updated by the time I get home from work today, I'll take a look in my manual and see if I can help identify it.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Ok, so I just pulled the heater box out of the way and I see the one yellow wire. However, it goes into the main harness and I haven't opened it up yet. So I will not be able to trace it right now, I think it would be best if [MENTION=15705]mcglsr2[/MENTION] could find it in his schematics.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ok, so I just pulled the heater box out of the way and I see the one yellow wire. However, it goes into the main harness and I haven't opened it up yet. So I will not be able to trace it right now, I think it would be best if [MENTION=15705]mcglsr2[/MENTION] could find it in his schematics.

Thanks for looking I'm going to try and see if I can find it on all data again when I get home

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Alright, so I looked in my wiring manual (I have a 95) and I found a connector that *could* be what you are asking about - it's labeled as Connector 208 in the book (C208) however it's never actually mentioned in any wiring diagrams. So I went and looked on my car and sure enough - I don't have that white connector. So whatever it is, I'm guessing it got added later on, possibly with the swap to the mod motors.

You said there's 3 wires, right? A red, a black and a yellow? Typically black is ground, red is +12V IGN, and yellow is +12V BATT. That connector just may extend those wires to other parts of the car? I'm totally guessing here, you'd have to put a multimeter on them to see if there really is any voltage. Or perhaps find a manual for a 98, see what that says. Sorry I can't be more help :(

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Alright, so I looked in my wiring manual (I have a 95) and I found a connector that *could* be what you are asking about - it's labeled as Connector 208 in the book (C208) however it's never actually mentioned in any wiring diagrams. So I went and looked on my car and sure enough - I don't have that white connector. So whatever it is, I'm guessing it got added later on, possibly with the swap to the mod motors.

You said there's 3 wires, right? A red, a black and a yellow? Typically black is ground, red is +12V IGN, and yellow is +12V BATT. That connector just may extend those wires to other parts of the car? I'm totally guessing here, you'd have to put a multimeter on them to see if there really is any voltage. Or perhaps find a manual for a 98, see what that says. Sorry I can't be more help :(
I think there were 4 wires on one side but only 1 (yel/org) on the other. Which didn't make sense I also couldn't did it on any diagrams I'll have to look again

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think there were 4 wires on one side but only 1 (yel/org) on the other. Which didn't make sense I also couldn't did it on any diagrams I'll have to look again

Yah 1 wire on 1 side and 4 on the other doesn't make much sense either. The only way I can think of why that would happen is whatever is on the 1 wire is being split to go to 4 difference places, and rather than using a solder joint for each of them they just broke it out using a connector. Is the 1 wire a lot thicker than any of the 4 wires? Maybe that's why it's not showing up on diagrams, because it doesn't really do anything other than act as a split? I'm not sure I really believe that though, I haven't seen Ford do that anywhere else on the car. Connectors are usually 1 to 1. Not sure man, this one is tough to track down.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
ranger1.png

I chased it down in my harness, it is pin 12 on the ecu plug. So that says it is for the fuel gauge. I have some pictures from my harness ill post up in just a few.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So wait, there's 1 wire on the one side that goes to pin 12 on the ECU, and then *4* wires that come out on the other side of that connector...? Pics of what the inside connecting part looks like please.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
***For the record, this circuit now confuses me. I do not understand what is going on here.***

Alright, here is the plug with its wire. I have the wire looped around itself so you can see all of it

Now inside that plug

The other side, inside the car.

Inside that plug

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
What i am thinking is there are extra wires for different options maybe. know that i know what the one wire is for I'm going to look through, Mitchell on demand again and see if i can find the rest
I am truly dumbfounded by this connector

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
What i am thinking is there are extra wires for different options maybe. know that i know what the one wire is for I'm going to look through, Mitchell on demand again and see if i can find the rest
I am truly dumbfounded by this connector

I think I lost track, but what exactly is your question regarding this thing?

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
I think I lost track, but what exactly is your question regarding this thing?
I just wanted to know what it does, I didn't have it plugs in because i didn't think they went to each other, because of the 4 wires on the one side and 1 on the other
and after plugging them in i didn't notice anything happen
I was also really confused why there would be 4 wires on the one side and 1 on the other

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online