What tires do you guys run on track?

RichV

Reaction score
Drag radials are sticky but usually have soft sidewalls. That means they suck for turns. :)

MadStang

Reaction score
I use DOT tires. I've become a firm believer in Hoosier's now. I ran BFG R1's last year for the second half of the season and they corded already, also they weren't even that grippy that i would say I'd be okay with them wearing out that fast. This being said for a tire that would be used on the street/track, I like the R888's. good wear rating, they have rain channels, and they are pretty good on grip. Only downside is they are noisy. otherwise, I'll stick with Hoosier A6's for autocross and Hoosier R6's for road racing.

LilRoush

Reaction score
The Continental tires he's getting at are the spec tire for the Grand Am events - 275/35/18 Continental Extreme Contact (CTSCC road race tire). I've run one set and would put them on par with the BFG R1. I liked them both. I think it's Reghan Racing or something similar that you can get them through on Ebay.
Many of the race teams also sell them with a few heat cycles on them after practice. That's how I got ahold of a set.
http://www.continentalrace.com/downloads/CTSCC-Technical-Data-2013.pdf

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I use NT05's right now for a balanced street/track day tire. They do pretty well for a dual purpose tire. I'll be going with something a little more extreme for my next set but still okay for the highway. I'm not to the point yet where I want to cart around extra wheels.

hotmustang95

Reaction score
I love my NT01s but then again they are the only tires I've run in the past 7 years of events. Most of the guys I run with use them. Because so many guys use them they come up for sale allot and real cheap. Hard to pass up a great deal on slightly used track tires. When I'm going to my local track which is 40 minutes away from my home I'll usually drive there and back on them. Anytime I go to the other further tracks I'll just trailer them.

Evilgt

Reaction score
I have only used the Toyo RA1, R888 (yuck) and the Nitto NT01.

Both the RA1 and NT01 are great for both grip and they last a long time.

Some of the others have more grip however those two seem to be more durable.

I am currently on the NT01s

Maxis tire just became one of our sponsors in time trials. A 1-2 second finish and the will give you two free tires!!!! whoop whoop.

A guy running a S197 was using the Maxis last year and he said they are comparable to the NT01s.

kyle

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online

No members online now.