What transmission?!

OP
OP
Danny_svt_99

Danny_svt_99

Reaction score
Also let me know if any of you guys need anything made. I'm going to make my own design for it and I'll post pictures but let me know if you ever need anything sheet metal for the car

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Make sure to take pictures and keep us updated. Im really curious to see how it turns out.

And make sure to document the whole project, not just the transmission.

OP
OP
Danny_svt_99

Danny_svt_99

Reaction score
Make sure to take pictures and keep us updated. Im really curious to see how it turns out.

And make sure to document the whole project, not just the transmission.
Thanks for all pictures they should be perfect and I will I'll post pictures of my plate design later today and then soon I'll start a new thread of the whole project, I'm going nto try to do a good amount of custom sheet metal and bead rolling. I'll keep you guys updated! Thanks again and let me know if you need anything

OP
OP
Danny_svt_99

Danny_svt_99

Reaction score
Hey guys question would the 4r70w bolt up to a 4.6? My plans may have changed. From the 331 but if really like to keep my tranny.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Hey guys question would the 4r70w bolt up to a 4.6? My plans may have changed. From the 331 but if really like to keep my tranny.

It came factory on 4.6 cars, but what harness/ecu were you planning on using for the 331 setup? That may need to be looked into. And different flexplate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
The v6 4r70w shares the same bell housing pattern as the pushrods engines do. Youll need a 4r70w from a modular engine.

OP
OP
Danny_svt_99

Danny_svt_99

Reaction score
Well alot of stuff has to change. My 331 was going to be very simple with very few wires, mechanical gauges, hei dizzy etc it I am not going that path because the nys DMV has to be difficult and if I were to make that it has to be a track only car, so I said ok whatever I want to be. A street car so I debated a 5.4 swap cause it's basically a 330 but I heard mixed things about it and I settled on a 4.6 build. I planed on a pretty much stock block and just building the top end. I was going to get stock harness and ecu and everything else. Buty next question is say I got the moduler version of the tranny can I make it in to a Manuel valve body and not have any issues with the computer?

OP
OP
Danny_svt_99

Danny_svt_99

Reaction score
At this point is it easier too convert to stick lol

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
The bellhousing on my 4R which came out of a 97 GT is all one piece with trans housing

OP
OP
Danny_svt_99

Danny_svt_99

Reaction score
The bellhousing on my 4R which came out of a 97 GT is all one piece with trans housing

Well that sucks, but okay. Now can I sill make it a manual valve body and not have issues with the computer?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The dmv looks under your hood??? Every state I lived in as oI my as they don’t do smog check they don’t look at anything.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The dmv looks under your hood??? Every state I lived in as long as they don’t do smog check they don’t look at anything.

OP
OP
Danny_svt_99

Danny_svt_99

Reaction score
I'd have to register it as a custom car cause I can't pass inspection because I'd have no obd if I did the stroker, and the only way around the one test and just get a safety inspection is to register it as a custom car and home built but by doing that it's this extremely long and annoying process and I'd actually have to bring the car to a highway patrol station and have a feild examiner inspect the car. It's beyond aggravating.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Is the car not drivable as it sits with the v6? If it is, can’t you register it like that then do the conversion?

OP
OP
Danny_svt_99

Danny_svt_99

Reaction score
It's registered and insured right now it's not running though but the issue is inspection. I have a friend theat can inspect it but he can't do anything about the obd2. There's no way around that. Unless I have a modern engine. If the car was 1995 or older I would not have a issue because I just need a safety inspection and no emmision

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Does your state have collectors or historic? What year is the VIN again?

OP
OP
Danny_svt_99

Danny_svt_99

Reaction score
Does your state have collectors or historic? What year is the VIN again?

2003 and yes we have both but has to be older then 25 model years. Right now it's 1995 or older. I can really solve it all but selling the car and buying a fox but I really like the new edge

OP
OP
Danny_svt_99

Danny_svt_99

Reaction score
So I'm really not sure what I want to do
I'd really like to keep my transmission so idk what do you guys think?

I can make it a stick but I daily drive a stick and eh I kinda want a ratchet shifter it's faster anyway and I like it I always have but in general I'd like to keep my tranny

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online