what will it run?

MoonlightGT

Reaction score
next season im planning to run the car. not sure what to expect since ive seen soo many different results from other members cars. My car: 96 gt 5 spd and currently has new sve clutch,BBK fender well cold air intake, BBK 70MM throttle body,BBK underdrive pulleys, Trickflow upper intake plenum, Steeda Tri-ax short throw shifter,Motive 4:10 gears ,Roush stage 3 rear lower control arms,MAC 2.5” h- pipe with high flow cats, MAC 2.5” catback system . i will be installing PI intake and PI cams before i hit the track and running 15 prostars with MT et streets on rear. whats an estimate that it could do in the 1/4 mile with a good driver? In michigan elevation.

97LSxGT

Reaction score
Id say low 13s to high 12s..and bet on inconsistent times unless you can powershift like a hoss everytime

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea like they said if the car doesn't run 13's ur doing something wrong. My old 96 went 13.99 with 3.73 gears a short throw and a cold air intake. Running threw the stock catback and h pipe. I was running 26x11.50x16et street bias on stock 16" ponies on the back. I launched at around 4500-5000. My 60fts were in the 1.7 had a couple high 1.6's mph was a slow 97mph. I got the car down to mid 13.5 with a throttle body bigger mass air meter and a fresh clutch and under drive pullies. my car was light tho 3150 with me in it GTS

So if ur any good at powershifting you should have no problem cutting a mid 13 second pass.

Fuck I miss 2vs can't wait To pull the new toy out

OP
OP
MoonlightGT

MoonlightGT

Reaction score
mid 13 would be awesome. A buddy has a 00 5 spd GT convertible, bolt ons , exhaust and comp 262's and ran a best 13.99. id love to beat that with a Non PI headed car lol.

Marvin97

Reaction score
mid 13 would be awesome. A buddy has a 00 5 spd GT convertible, bolt ons , exhaust and comp 262's and ran a best 13.99. id love to beat that with a Non PI headed car lol.
Shouldn't be too hard, sounds like your buddy cant drive

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score

just FYI, a NPI headed car with PI intake and PI cams is probably only 10 hp or so shy of a PI engine. The heads really arent a big restriction NA.

There are many variables, how you can drive, weight of the car, weather, 60 foot, etc.

Do you have a tune?

You should definitely get this car tuned once you do the cams and intake.

But by the way you worded it sounds like this will be your first time out?

...if thats the case, dont expect great times. lol

An amazing driver in your car could probably get close to 12s,...but average, mid to high 13s I would say and thats if you can launch the thing and do everything right.

If its your first time out dont be surprised if your stuck in the 14s.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Shouldn't be too hard, sounds like your buddy cant drive

Very few people can actually drive. lol

It doesnt take much to make a 12 second car run 14s. It also doesnt help that people go to the drag strip on street tires.

To the OP,

my bolt on 96 AUTO NPI gt, 3.73s gears, stock converter on street tires with a PI intake would run 14.0-14.1 1000 times in a row and thats with 2.0-2.1 60 foot times and that was on heavy wheels.

So just imagine if I had a 3500 converter and 4.10s in that car it probably could have went low 13s all day long.

The power will definitely be there with your car, just a matter of how you can use it.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Im not a mod motor guy but.. My stock auto trans with the j-mod, 373 gears, drag radials,stock 5.0, front sway bar removed, put on a diet, ran 13.4's all day..

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.611126,-84.221004
Sent from my iPhone

Interesting....

Slips, vids? more details.....you must have put that car on a HELL of a diet to run 13.40s with a car that probably made all of 180 rwhp.

Stock auto 94/95 mustangs typically run 15.5-16.0......

As you may already know, this isnt a good comparison to the OPs questions since your car is a 5.0 and apparently is on some sort of ridiculous diet plan.

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
Yes it was on a crazy diet doors gutted regulators removed,no interior, sound deadening gone, at that time I actually do now remember having a tubular k member, and rear control arms with drag bags, drag radials and skinnys, so there was more done but still stock motor, slight port work, and 6* of added timing on 100 octane.. I found the video on my old VHS-c camcorder I'll try to post if I can get it on my computer or have someone dub the vids on DVD.. So yeah your right no comparison, but can be done with a stock motor and trans if suspension, but once again not a mod motor.. So just ignor what I posted OP my bad man, I've never messed with a mod motor does that PI swap thing help out that much?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.047233,-84.631169
Sent from my iPhone

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yes it was on a crazy diet doors gutted regulators removed,no interior, sound deadening gone, at that time I actually do now remember having a tubular k member, and rear control arms with drag bags, drag radials and skinnys, so there was more done but still stock motor, slight port work, and 6* of added timing on 100 octane.. I found the video on my old VHS-c camcorder I'll try to post if I can get it on my computer or have someone dub the vids on DVD.. So yeah your right no comparison, but can be done with a stock motor and trans if suspension, but once again not a mod motor.. So just ignor what I posted OP my bad man, I've never messed with a mod motor does that PI swap thing help out that much?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.047233,-84.631169
Sent from my iPhone

lol, its crazy what weight reduction will do.

But a NPI car is rated at 215 hp or 225 in 98 and PI cars are rated at 260 hp.

Its nothing crazy but a full pi swap on a NPI bottom end will bring the power level up to there and plus some due to a bump in compression.

The PI parts are also a lot better when it comes to bolt ons/ boost/ nitrous.

But to answer your question, yes..a PI swap turns this cars into a different animal.

Most of the power difference is in the intake and cams though.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
14.1 with a pi swap damn that's slow my car went faster then that with stock manifold heads cams and throttle body. Just a cai 3.73 gears a short throw and off road h pipe. Stock suspension . I agree with Justin so many people can't drive worth a shit

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
14.1 with a pi swap damn that's slow my car went faster then that with stock manifold heads cams and throttle body. Just a cai 3.73 gears a short throw and off road h pipe. Stock suspension . I agree with Justin so many people can't drive worth a shit

agreed. lol. 14.1 on the PI swap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online