Whats the deal with control arms?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
So Im looking into LCA's for the rear to try and improve traction

Ive read to just leave the uppers and go with a good set of LCA...ios this true?

this is my dd and I whip turns

Im assuming MM is the way to go?

Will I actually see an improvement in traction with street tires or what?

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
Stay with the OEM UCA's for corner carving. Go to MM's website. There's a lot of good info there. They have been beating this stuff up for many years.

I just went through a small ordeal with the FRPP uppers and found they increase your pinion angle slightly. Created a slight vibration on mine as it is not lowered yet. Returned to the OEM parts for now.

All the FRPP parts are is the slightly shorter (3/16") 6 cyl. UCA's with an upgraded bushing. That little tidbit I never read anywhere. Learned it the hard way.

GT

94 DropTop

Reaction score
You the only person i have ever hear have that problem. Ill see if it does anything when i put mine in.

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
Drop Top,

Take one out and set the OEM and a FRPP part side-by-side. If it's like mine, you'll find the distance between the bolt holes on the FRPP part to be about ~3/16" shorter than on the OEM part.

GT

94 DropTop

Reaction score
My stock upper are long gone. I have tubular uppers with urathane bushing and its causing the rear to bind, so im putting the FRPP ones in and also replacing the diff bushings. Sorry to rob your thread. MM is a good brand but i would do a little research and find out what has worked for other people.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
I loved my MM ones on the auto 98 I had justin. It was cutting 1.9s on street tires if thats any proof.

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
94 DropTop said:
My stock upper are long gone. I have tubular uppers with urathane bushing and its causing the rear to bind, so im putting the FRPP ones in and also replacing the diff bushings. Sorry to rob your thread. MM is a good brand but i would do a little research and find out what has worked for other people.

I've been conversing with Josh Sadowsky @ StangSuspension on it. What's really weird is these are the very parts MM recommends to use. I bought them to just freshen up parts under there. We'll see.

GT

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
MMLowerArms.JPG

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
thats what I want....but I dont know if I need the adjustable ones...whats the point of the adjustable shit?

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
Those are used for custom adjustment of the ride height. About $350 worth. MM pays him for advertising their products.

GT

94 DropTop

Reaction score
:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: I would get on corral and see what some of those guys say. Some people dont realize that MM isnt always the best when it comes to suspension. Not saying they are not good but there could be a better part for your app.

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice...I might go with the adjustable ones....so will I be able to lower my car more in the rear with the adjustable ones?

Its already low but what If I want another half inch?

And do I want the street or street/race...only differance is the street/race comes with The Street/Race Trailing Arms come equipped with special teflon lined spherical bearings on the axle side, and greasable polyurethane bushings on the chassis side.

The Street Arms come with polyurethane bushings on both ends and zerk fittings. Our street performance trailing arms come powder-coated black and are built to the same tolerances as our race performance arms.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
94 DropTop said:
http://store.mrt-direct.com/9904mustang1.html same design without the price. I havent heard any complaints about them.

i could see these breaking. They couldnt replicate the perfect bend with 1 pipe like MM did. MM's LCAs are 1 Piece, The MRT arms did what grantelli did, weld 2 peices of pipe together at the perch.

.....MM Just did LCAs right, better than anyone else for street use.

GDTrumbo said:
Those are used for custom adjustment of the ride height. About $350 worth. MM pays him for advertising their products.

GT

You really should get a little smarter and think things through.....

If MM was paying me to advertise there stuff dont you think i would have more money, and if i was smart why would i take money when i could get free parts?

So if you use Logic it would say "If Handz was being Paid by MM to Advertise there Stuff he would have more MM Parts".

....Think before you speak

94 DropTop

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
94 DropTop said:
http://store.mrt-direct.com/9904mustang1.html same design without the price. I havent heard any complaints about them.

i could see these breaking. They couldnt replicate the perfect bend with 1 pipe like MM did. MM's LCAs are 1 Piece, The MRT arms did what grantelli did, weld 2 peices of pipe together at the perch.

GDTrumbo said:
  Those are used for custom adjustment of the ride height.  About $350 worth.  MM pays him for advertising their products.

GT

If MM was paying me to advertise there stuff dont you think i would have more money, and if i was smart why would i take money when i could get free parts?

So if you use Logic it would say "If Handz was being Paid by MM to Advertise there Stuff he would have more MM Parts".

but of course everything that is welded will break how could I have missed that. If they break so easily i think you would hear about it very quick. There are people drag racing with these and have no problem, Ill will look more into it and see if I can find a bad review on them just for you handz.

Ummm you need to think before you speak. He is just being a smartass refering to your constant nut swinging of MM parts. yes they are good but they are not the best. You would argue all day that MM stuff beats out everything else in the world. Sorry hate to tell ya but your WRONG. Now go back to smoking weed, and thinking your right about everything.

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
94 DropTop said:
SRT Handz said:
94 DropTop said:

GDTrumbo said:
  Those are used for custom adjustment of the ride height.  About $350 worth.  MM pays him for advertising their products.

GT

but of course everything that is welded will break how could I have missed that. If they break so easily i think you would hear about it very quick. There are people drag racing with these and have no problem, Ill will look more into it and see if I can find a bad review on them just for you handz.

Ummm you need to think before you speak. He is just being a smartass refering to your constant nut swinging of MM parts. yes they are good but they are not the best. You would argue all day that MM stuff beats out everything else in the world. Sorry hate to tell ya but your WRONG. Now go back to smoking weed, and thinking your right about everything.
94 DropTop said:
SRT Handz said:
94 DropTop said:

GDTrumbo said:

GT

Couldn't have said it better 94 DT, Your gonna have to grow a thicker skin Handz.

Now.... to get smarter...... Hummmmmm...... That almost hurts.

GT

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Im outfitting my entire rear suspension w/ MM parts this spring. Can I get parts just as good for cheaper? Yeah probably but Im not going to.

Im going w/ the Extreme duty LCA w/ a MM Panhard bar and Torque Arm