Whats the deal with control arms?

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Honestly, anything will do a better job planting the rear wheels than stock...and Im not really convinced that the MM ones will do anything more than the MRT ones or some other brand with the same design.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
Honestly, anything will do a better job planting the rear wheels than stock...and Im not really convinced that the MM ones will do anything more than the MRT ones or some other brand with the same design.

Your probably right but after being on and modding my 5th Mustang Ive learned that you get what you pay for.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
i could see these breaking.

Really? Based on what? Are you a mechanical engineer? A veteran racer and chassis builder? Can you please elaborate on what shearing forces would be applied vs the strength of welded steel that may result in failure? Tell us how you "see" these breaking.

.....MM Just did LCAs right, better than anyone else for street use.

Better than anyone else? Based on what? What criteria have you applied to deem them "better than anyone else" and how did you rate those criteria? Just curious.

You really should get a little smarter and think things through.....

....Think before you speak

Does anyone else find these two statements particularly ironic?

Paul.

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Lol...even if the MM are that much better...I dont see myself paying 350 dollars for them when can get comparable stuff for half that

DO we have a sponsor that sells LCA's cheap?

lizzyfan

Reaction score
I have GMS upper and lowers with no problems
Just upgrade the bolts to grade 8

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
lizzyfan said:
I have GMS upper and lowers with no problems
Just upgrade the bolts to grade 8

Yea, theyre weight jacker LCA's look good...200 bucks too

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Paul said:
Does anyone else find these two statements particularly ironic?

Paul.

I was just waiting for you to say something, it made me laugh :laughing4: You and Handz should :kiss:

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Ahahaha Paul your hilarious.

As long as the bushings in the control arms are 3 piece poly I see no reason to not run them. Typically the older idea of replacing control arms is take a poly version of the stock piece and throw it in a tubular type arm. The 3 piece bushings makes a large difference and as long as they have them I see no point in not picking them up. Jegster, or even BOI lowers arent a bad deal. All you really need is a set of lowers anyway

94 DropTop

Reaction score
You could always check with MCR they might give you a discount. StangSupsension is the shit very good people.

stampede3

Reaction score
Venom351R said:
Im outfitting my entire rear suspension w/ MM parts this spring. Can I get parts just as good for cheaper? Yeah probably but Im not going to.

Im going w/ the Extreme duty LCA w/ a MM Panhard bar and Torque Arm

You're gonna love that set up.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
stampede3 said:
Venom351R said:
Im outfitting my entire rear suspension w/ MM parts this spring. Can I get parts just as good for cheaper? Yeah probably but Im not going to.Im going w/ the Extreme duty LCA w/ a MM Panhard bar and Torque Arm

Cant wait to see how it grips at the track after its all done

stampede3

Reaction score
Venom351R said:
stampede3 said:
Venom351R said:
Im outfitting my entire rear suspension w/ MM parts this spring. Can I get parts just as good for cheaper? Yeah probably but Im not going to.Im going w/ the Extreme duty LCA w/ a MM Panhard bar and Torque Arm

Cant wait to see how it grips at the track after its all done

Your first TQ/arm set up?
With a good tire your gonna love it.
I can promise a grin ear to ear on the first good launch.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Yes this will be my first TQ Arm set up. Im running MT ET Streets currently for the track but Id like to try some slicks next year just to see what it will do

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with Venom - you'll love the performance with the TA and panhard.
I have them on my ride, and the performance diference is amazing. Very predictable, stable, smooth. It's great!

For LCA's?
Are you guys remembering the Bushings?

the Lowers dont just pivot up and down, they twist.
I have the MM lowers, ya they're super strong - there's been plenty of feedback to support this.
Another selling point for me was their bushings design. Stronger, and yes "engineered" to do their job correctly.
(read the description on their site - they did engineer the bushing design - to their well deserved credit)
I also like the peace of mind knowing this part is built right and wont wear out or break on me.
"apples to apples" gentlemen, you do get what you pay for.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
But doesnt like everyone just copy MM's design anyway?
haha, what is that forum popular opinion? - I have no idea, and do you really want a cheap copy of a good part?

justinschmidt1 said:
What do you guys think of these?

http://www.umiperformance.com/1015?category_id=2

any good?

I'm sure they're better than stock, assuming they hold together, and the bushings work correctly.
what's with the adjustable ends?
that could seriously mess things up, change your pinion, I'm thinking WTF?

also adjustable's are usually the perch being adjustable up and down, to change ride hieght. isn't that what you're thinking?

So those are $180.00
MM's standard are $250.00 - and you can get a discount from our sponsor.

is 70 bucks really that big of a deal?

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
lol...not really, Im just checking my options...Im kinda leaning towards adjustables....although I guess its not "needed"

MM adjustables I can get for 330 shipped....I might do that...but im gonna have to save up for them.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Do you want a part that "looks" like the MM LCA's or the actual thing?

Like I said Im getting all MM parts next year b/c I know it wont leave me wishing I spent a little more to get a better part.