What's the difference between the 97 and 98 2valve

Reaction score
I want to find out why the 98 2 valve makes a bit more power than the 97 2 valve. Do they have different computer/tune, or intake system or ??. Let me know please.

outdare

Reaction score
98 has a bastardized return style fuel system. Fuel regulator is built into the fuel rail. It is a one off year. The rest is programming. Get a tune for your car and do a pi intake swap. It is the best gain for the buck.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

laramik

Reaction score
Do you have a recommendation for the tune? Canned tune or Dyno? I just did the swap and can attest it's a very nice power add.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
a dyno tune will almost always be better then canned. There are some great tuners out there that can do it right via email, and there are also some crappy tuners on dynos but in most cases its hard to argue that having real time data while doing it(assuming the tuner knows what they are doing) isn't better. Do some searches and see if your local tuners have good/bad reps. If they do good work I would pay the premium for the dyno. If there are no good tuners close then I could fall back on a good email tune.

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
I used to work for Teksid Aluminum back in the '90's at the Dickson, TN foundry. Only difference was the exhaust ports were tweaked slightly as well as the factory tune. I did some work with CAD and the Dimensional Lab. The mathematical layouts were different on the '98 casting. No real biggie.........

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
My 98 gt with an automatic transmission was week
I added a automatic shift kit street or strip and added 3.73 gear , next was the cats removed and put in a off road x pipe , that helped out quit a bit. this is for
only cars with auto trans.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online

No members online now.