Wheels Size and Offset Help!

Wichers123

Reaction score
You need to correct yoursel... Stock wheels generally are 30-33 mm of offset this is on a 17x8 wheel.... Jump to 03/04 cobras 17x 9 +26 or +27mm... The 94-98 axles are shorter then 99-04 which is why they used those offsets...
Reread the question and then the answer. My answer is two answers I just didn't punctuate correctly

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Were u rubbing anything inside the wheel well? Honsetly, thats how my car looks with 255 all around. Im gonna need spacers anyways if i run 275 out back. Im just worried it touching anything.

I didn't rub at all and I have the huge Bassani pipes on mine too. I only rubbed and had to dent the pipes when I went with the 03 cobra reps and now that I have saleens I am glad I did.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
No mustangs need 20 to 15 offset for a 9 to 10 inch wheel it's looks way sucked in, mucho gay

Reread the question and then the answer. My answer is two answers I just didn't punctuate correctly

What you said!

No mustangs need 20 to 15 offset for a 9 to 10 inch wheel it's looks way sucked in, mucho gay

To anyone that reads this that actually understands Offset! Will prove you wrong... The lower in Number the farther out it stick not the way you stated!

Wichers123

Reaction score
I said mustangs need 15 to 20 offset to a 9 to 10 inch wheel, and without spacers the car looked mucho gay with my setup. Is that clear enough for you. Jeeze.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Its a local wheels store.. I can choice what to go with. What would u recommend? if they both are going to fit what would u do? Staggered or 18x9 all around?

As sniffy said

Honestly I would do a 18x9 and 18x10 to put a bigger tire out back..

Win- your tires rub your piping? Mine was close before my spacers.. But dont think it ever hit.. I mean how big is your piping? Cant be that much bigger than every other exhaust out there. Might have a slightly different fitment though

18x9 18x10 do it once and do it right.... I kept trading up and I only have $125 bucks in OEM saleens

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Question^

My opinion on what a mustang needs and the answer

your giving incorrect tech info dude... Running a +15 or+20 on a 18x9 or 18x10 will make it stick out past the fender which will look retarded not suck in. Oh and put a spacer on there and it will stick out even further! Do you not understand offset?

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Obviously you don't.....

To the OP go with the people who suggested the correct things to you

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
settle down ladies. your both babbling off opinions, which is fine, but you either need to back it up with tech or agree to disagree.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
settle down ladies. your both babbling off opinions, which is fine, but you either need to back it up with tech or agree to disagree.

You and I both know going to a +15 or a +20 offset on a 18x9 or 18x10 will stick out past the fender come on ChrisChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You and I both know going to a +15 or a +20 offset on a 18x9 or 18x10 will stick out past the fender come on ChrisChris

I'm not going to lie. I dont know jack ****ing shit about wheels and tires. And im man enough to admit it. lol.

i couldnt tell you the offset of my wheels, the lug pattern, the tire size.. .. ...... ...

:p

feel free to set the record straight, guys -- by all means! Just if you have opposing opinions, back it up ;)

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The higher the positive offset on a wheel, the more it will be tucked in the fender. It's not rocket science.
If stock is 30+mm, then the new wheels with 35+mm will have more tuck.

My question is will the wheels fit without rubbing or any problems? Or will they stick too in.

You will probably encounter some rubbing. I'm running a 17x9 with a 26+mm offset and it rubbed the control arm. A small spacer fixed my problem.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
The higher the positive offset on a wheel, the more it will be tucked in the fender. It's not rocket science.

If stock is 30+mm, then the new wheels with 35+mm will have more tuck.

Correct which is what I was saying then he stated mustangs should have a 15 or 20 offset ...he didn't take into account the width of the wheel. Which is a part of offset

OP
OP

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
Correct which is what I was saying then he stated mustangs should have a 15 or 20 offset ...he didn't take into account the width of the wheel. Which is a part of offset

U win, Win. i get it lol. It will tuck in for me. Im gonna have to use a spacer. Im gonna run 275 out back, would a 1" be fine and a 1/4 up front with 255 be fine?

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score

Geez is all good [MENTION=10830]MustangChris[/MENTION], we need new members to debate the big dawgs and learn from it.
Even if things get a little out of hand.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
U win, Win. i get it lol. It will tuck in for me. Im gonna have to use a spacer. Im gonna run 275 out back, would a 1" be fine and a 1/4 up front with 255 be fine?

I wasn't meaning to be a win or loose... Wait and get the correct offset for a quality wheel. You'll thank yourself trust me on this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online