Wheels Size and Offset Help!

Wichers123

Reaction score
Correct which is what I was saying then he stated mustangs should have a 15 or 20 offset ...he didn't take into account the width of the wheel. Which is a part of offset
Dude you have no idea. Your telling this dude that factory offsets need to be ran. No they don't, they have other options. Factory offsets are pretty lame looking. Why do you think everyone runs spacers on the rears of the car. To correct the offset. 15 to 20 offset would need no ****in spacer and would look and be flush with no if any rubbing.

Please tell me how my wheel 17x9.5 with +38 offset AND 1.5" spacer is too much?

I don't rub at all in the rear and the fronts rub the control arm with the wheel at full lock.

btw why are you such a spacer hater, were you one of those cheap asses who went out bought some eBay specials and lost a wheel one day?

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Dude you have no idea. Your telling this dude that factory offsets need to be ran. No they don't, they have other options. Factory offsets are pretty lame looking. Why do you think everyone runs spacers on the rears of the car. To correct the offset. 15 to 20 offset would need no ****in spacer and would look and be flush with no if any rubbing.

Please tell me how my wheel 17x9.5 with +38 offset AND 1.5" spacer is too much?

I don't rub at all in the rear and the fronts rub the control arm with the wheel at full lock.

btw why are you such a spacer hater, were you one of those cheap asses who went out bought some eBay specials and lost a wheel one day?

Haha you don't realize that width of a wheel play into the factor, backspacing. If your so correct on your knowledge then why doesn't everyone that owns a mustang run a +15 or a +20????????? Hmmm yeah bc your not correct in your statement. It has been tested over and over.

Wait a little while ago you said and I quote

No mustangs need 20 to 15 offset for a 9 to 10 inch wheel it's looks way sucked in, mucho gay

now your saying it will be flush??? Do you know what your talking about. I don't think you do.

That's fine if you want to run your setup ...you can do to your own car what you want.

Were telling the OP to do it correctly and purchase wheels once.

Do it once do it right.

I will never run a spacer over 1/4 maybe 1/2" IF I EVEN EVER RUN A SPACER. When you get greater then that I don't think there safe.

Most drag strips won't allow spacers. The majority of the people don't run a hub centric spacer. They don't want to spend the extra money on them for correct billet pieces. Run the correct longer studs they just do a spacer that has the studs built into it. Technically you need to get a longer wheel stud so the weight rests on the axle not the wheel. Which is known as a hub centric spacer. It's much safer to run a single piece then to apply other factors in there.

Most people only run a spacer when there running a stock wheel to give them the staggered look. Until they can buy a correct wheel that sits correctly and don't have to run a spacer.

Please go and do your research and spread good technical information.

Wichers123

Reaction score
Dude that statement up there is two ****ing different statements with no punctuation. Ass. I said mustangs need 15 to 20 for flushness and that with out spacers my wheels look sucked in. My wheels at a 38 offset do not look flush to the wheel well. I've been doing this long enough to know about offset. Btw backspace is no offset ass. The center of a barrel in a wheel is -5 offset. I have had plenty enough cars with wild offsets to know how to properly order a wheel for a car. The wheel I have for my car were a good deal I could not pass up. All these cookie cutter wheels are a joke.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online

No members online now.