where are your gauges mounted?

Maniak87

Reaction score
i am mounting my boost gauge on the steering column but i still have to put my water temp gauge somewhere along with the A/F wideband. i was thinkin the one with the 2 pods added to the cluster.

the thing is, i want somthing different that you don't see often and is still in a visible place. i like when there are in the consol area but i dont have an open space cuz i still have the stock stereo equipment. i may have to customize somthing similar to the one that replaces the clock.

post up those pics, especially if you have them in a unique place!

ripper

Reaction score
Here are mine.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
why do people deminish the mustang by putting the 5 inch tachs..... good thing they passed a law here in VA that any aftermarket gauge mounted on your dash is illegal. now gauge pillars and the ones where the clock are i like, but the huge tach.... no, not in a mustang

ripper

Reaction score
I can see mine and watch the track at the same time.

VertTireSmoke

Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
why do people deminish the mustang by putting the 5 inch tachs..... good thing they passed a law here in VA that any aftermarket gauge mounted on your dash is illegal. now gauge pillars and the ones where the clock are i like, but the huge tach.... no, not in a mustang
+1

Thomas_W

Reaction score
My wideband and soon to be Elec. Boost controller are mounted down low where the stock CD player is...
wideband.jpg

and the Boost, Oil pressure and Water temp are on a full length autogauge A pillar pod.

94yellowgt

Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
Why do people put white wheel on a Mustang, it looks ricer to me. Well I guess you like them on your car and I like my "big" tach so its what you like not what other people think about it. My factory tach is about 600 rpms off also, so I wanted a more accurate tach.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
94yellowgt said:
my96gtstang said:
Why do people put white wheel on a Mustang, it looks ricer to me. Well I guess you like them on your car and I like my "big" tach so its what you like not what other people think about it. My factory tach is about 600 rpms off also, so I wanted a more accurate tach.

you do know you can fix that problem for less it would cost to buy that tach....
where did the white wheels thing come from? just makin an example? cuz i dont have white wheels.
i could understand for a drag car or something cuz its higher up but for a street car... not

94yellowgt

Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
94yellowgt said:
my96gtstang said:

you do know you can fix that problem for less it would cost to buy that tach....
where did the white wheels thing come from? just makin an example? cuz i dont have white wheels.
i could understand for a drag car or something cuz its higher up but for a street car... not

The car in your sig looks like it has white wheels. I don't want to offend anyone, sorry, I am just having a bad day because people have been talking shit about me. I personally like the looks of a big tach and I know some people don't. My car is more of a weekend warrior now.

ripper

Reaction score
Hmmmmm Fets told me women like guys with big tachs :naughty:

S

scarface

my96gtstang said:
FYI- the pillar gauges are illegal here too.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
my96gtstang said:

not here in chesapeake, maybe up north but not here. well maybe they did just pass that new one that said anything in the way of the driver but nothing ive heard about pillars

S

scarface

my96gtstang said:
scarface said:
my96gtstang said:

not here in chesapeake, maybe up north but not here. well maybe they did just pass that new one that said anything in the way of the driver but nothing ive heard about pillars
its the entire state. Its classified under "obstruction of vision". Im pretty up to date on the laws :) :police:

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
but they wont pull you over for it as much as they will a 5in tach on your dash. from what i was aware it was ANYTHING MOUNTED ON YOUR DASH THAT CAUSES THE VISION OF THE DRIVER TO BE OBSTRUCTIVE. from i was aware the pillars will still legal