which springs are better for improved handling?

JDwhite98gt

Reaction score
as the car sits, it has eibach springs...the black ones not the prokit. I have my old parts car still sitting in the driveway ('96 GTS) and it seemed to have handled a lot better and it had C-springs. Are the the c-springs a better choice when trying to improve the handling of my car? Also the GTS had the factory swaybar and my 98 doesn't even have holes for it or the plate that's against the firewall to mount it there, how can I install this piece or is it not even worth it?

Reaction score
it has alot to do with rate and angle. eibach sportlines and H&R supersports both are more of a lowering spring than a "race" spring. Prokit and H&R race series(i use the super race) will be alot more oreinted to a handling application

Spd0lit

Reaction score
Well what type of driving do you plan on doing the most? Yes the c-springs will handle better that the sportlines because the angle of the control arms is pretty much parallel. You can't go much lower than a 1.5 drop. If you want really good handling then go with H&R race or super race but also keep in mind about shocks which will have to be upgraded at some point that also affects your handling.

Reaction score
i can personally vouch for the super race series. it is the stiffest spring H&R makes for the mustang and is VERY streetable. i couldnt ask for a better spring. a good medium is the race series

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I've got H&R Race springs, but the car still understeers quite a bit in slow tight corners. You either have to go stiffer to reduce the roll or get stiffer swaybars. If this is a street car, you're probably better off with a Race springs and a swaybar kit.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
I've got H&R Race springs, but the car still understeers quite a bit in slow tight corners.

Can you just Counter the Understeer with Throttle? :dunno:

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Nope. The more I push it, the more understeer I get. This is not an M3, buddy. Car is just very front heavy. I'm gonna get around installing those coilovers and H&R super race springs, and I've got another HPDE in early July. I'll see how it will work.

g_dogg

Reaction score
how does the H&R super race spring
compare to Eibach sportsline.
my car is mostly a street car, which spring is more comfortable?
springs for the rear only, i have 300# coil overs in front

OP
OP
J

JDwhite98gt

Reaction score
oh trust me I've always wanted the H&R race springs but I'm on a severe budget right now and have the C-springs just sitting around. I just wanted to know which were better as far as handling goes(Eibach sportline or Ford C-spring) which was already answered in a previous post. So guess I'm going to switch and put on the C-springs, the car is an absolute daily driver and it will be used to have fun on the many twisty backroads that surround my area. Shocks, struts and cc plates are plans for the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online