White‘s ‘06 GSXR600 “Areion”

Addicted

Reaction score
Looking good bro. I sold my zx about 6 years ago, I went with the 2 brothers black series, stainless header. My RR had an akropovic. I'm suckers for undertail exhaust. Yoshis are sweet, and one of the best IMO.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Looking good bro. I sold my zx about 6 years ago, I went with the 2 brothers black series, stainless header. My RR had an akropovic. I'm suckers for undertail exhaust. Yoshis are sweet, and one of the best IMO.

Sounds like it was a sweet bike! Thanks! Just found out we put the front tire on backwards.. :rolleyes:o_O

Addicted

Reaction score
I like when people invest in good safety equipment, glad to see you have. I wouldn't be talking to you if it wasnt for a helmet, I low sided at 92mph. It kills me when people say they don't wear a helmet because it's to hot out, SMH. If someone says they've never went down, they've never road long enough. Nice jacket and gloves. I need to get me a new shoei for my dome piece since I just bought another CRF.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Swapped the front tire around, made another pass with the torque wrench, replaced the rear brake lever and buttoned up the rest. My buddy rode it around the block to listen/feel for anything out of sorts. After he said felt it was ok, he took it to the store for some more fresh fuel.

1eb9a6f6-c033-44ec-b855-1ef689443f1c-jpeg.293510

Had about enough of standing on the sidelines and decided to try to walk the bike. Made it about 10-15 feet, picked my feet up and slowly rode it around his subdivision in first gear and I made a few turns at speeds between 10-15 mph. Mainly wanted to try my hand at pushing the handle bars to turn. Just like a bicycle, with a mean streak. Cracked the throttle a little and whoa... The way it just plants and goes is surreal to me. I’m looking forward to a fun future with my gixxer!

c90ea699-c704-40a2-8a2f-903c781b6b3b-jpeg.293511

I have officially popped my motorcycle cherry

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I like when people invest in good safety equipment, glad to see you have. I wouldn't be talking to you if it wasnt for a helmet, I low sided at 92mph. It kills me when people say they don't wear a helmet because it's to hot out, SMH. If someone says they've never went down, they've never road long enough. Nice jacket and gloves. I need to get me a new shoei for my dome piece since I just bought another CRF.

Absolutely. Still need to buy the remaining pads for the jacket and my intention is to buy a couple more jackets. Also, I do plan to buy a set of leathers when I feel comfortable enough for track days. Helmets are mandatory in Louisiana but I’d wear one regardless. Lost a great buddy who went wide into a curve on a 1200 Sportster. He had one of those non-DOT “WW2 German looking helmets” and died from a TBI.

What happened to cause the low side event?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Swapped the front tire around, made another pass with the torque wrench, replaced the rear brake lever and buttoned up the rest. My buddy rode it around the block to listen/feel for anything out of sorts. After he said felt it was ok, he took it to the store for some more fresh fuel.

1eb9a6f6-c033-44ec-b855-1ef689443f1c-jpeg.293510

Had about enough of standing on the sidelines and decided to try to walk the bike. Made it about 10-15 feet, picked my feet up and slowly rode it around his subdivision in first gear and I made a few turns at speeds between 10-15 mph. Mainly wanted to try my hand at pushing the handle bars to turn. Just like a bicycle, with a mean streak. Cracked the throttle a little and whoa... The way it just plants and goes is surreal to me. I’m looking forward to a fun future with my gixxer!

c90ea699-c704-40a2-8a2f-903c781b6b3b-jpeg.293511

I have officially popped my motorcycle cherry

You weren’t kidding. You truly never have ridden before!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, I was being 100% honest my dude. I’m crawling on my belly right now.

I thought surely you had at least ridden a dirt bike or something. I didn’t know your truly that green.

You’ll get it regardless. It doesn’t take long for the mind to go from shifting with your hand and clutching with your foot to clutching with your hand and shifting with your foot.

Just be patient. This is truly one of those things not to try and rush. Have you gotten your permit yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Addicted

Reaction score
Absolutely. Still need to buy the remaining pads for the jacket and my intention is to buy a couple more jackets. Also, I do plan to buy a set of leathers when I feel comfortable enough for track days. Helmets are mandatory in Louisiana but I’d wear one regardless. Lost a great buddy who went wide into a curve on a 1200 Sportster. He had one of those non-DOT “WW2 German looking helmets” and died from a TBI.

What happened to cause the low side event?
Braking bumps, factory suspension, on switch back to about 3* incline, at 92mph. It hurt lol

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Bright green. I will absolutely take this very slowly and will ride to my ability. The fundamentals are my concern. Everything else will fall into place over time. Just like you said.

No sir, not yet. The state hasn’t opened the DMVs up.

Addicted

Reaction score
I’m glad you’re telling the story.
If I didn't have a helmet on I wouldnt be, so it's my goal in life to tell kids and even grown ups to wear one. We all know the old saying, there's 2 types of riders, ones that went down, and ones that are going down. The question is if you will live to tell the story.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
If I didn't have a helmet on I wouldnt be, so it's my goal in life to tell kids and even grown ups to wear one. We all know the old saying, there's 2 types of riders, ones that went down, and ones that are going down. The question is if you will live to tell the story.

Preach on brother!! I know it’s bound to happen to me whether it’s my fault or not.

Addicted

Reaction score
Best thing I tell someone starting out is to learn your brakes better than your throttle, especially if you have to dive bomb them in a corner while being laid over.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Best thing I tell someone starting out is to learn your brakes better than your throttle, especially if you have to dive bomb them in a corner while being laid over.

Yup, totally agree with that too. Panic braking, I can see where that could become a real issue very quickly.

Addicted

Reaction score
People that don't have good motor skills, balance, or depth perception make for very very dangerous riders. Most good motorcycle riders make for better drivers too, because were always looking 5 miles ahead looking for small discrepancies in the road or obstructions.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
People that don't have good motor skills, balance, or depth perception make for very very dangerous riders. Most good motorcycle riders make for better drivers too, because were always looking 5 miles ahead looking for small discrepancies in the road or obstructions.

I’ll be fine, in that respect. Spatial awareness is a strong suit for me. I drive by looking through curves and watching what others are doing around me. Now that the stakes are higher my head will really be on a swivel.

Addicted

Reaction score
I gave up riding 6 years ago, and thats why I bought another dirt bike. The dirt is easier on the skin, but a tree will sure put your butt down. If street bikes had their own road I would be out there as we speak, but with all the texters, and road rage, people useing their car as a tool. The wreck I had changed my perception and made me realize how fragile we really are, plus I think God was trying to warn me lol.

Addicted

Reaction score
I'm glad I don't miss it really, I missed the dirt. I got a cage for the street. Be defensive and offensive at the same time, dont give some of these idiots a chance, and examine everything closely. You see a bad situation getting ready to take place, you get the hell out of there, even if it means pulling of the side of the road.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online