White‘s ‘06 GSXR600 “Areion”

Addicted

Reaction score
I don't mean to preach at all man, lost some friends along the way, and you have too, so you know this hobby kills. If I can plant something in someone's head to help them, by george you bet I'm going too. :D. When I would go real real hot into a corner, I would have flash backs, and I would back out. My wreck cost me more than just a bruised ego, I lost a career over it. Pardon the pun, but there's alot riding on those wheels. Real talk.

Addicted

Reaction score
Haven’t done much of anything with this in the past few weeks. Work and my Mustang have taken up all of my free time. So.... fairings!

View attachment 4708
Glad to see you working on it again, and those are some nice fairinga. I never had a GSX, but ive riding quite a few. Between them and the CBR's, IMO are the best wheelie bikes. What kind of head shell you rocking? My best/favorite that I had was a Shoei RF-1000. Your bike will look sweet when you get done.

Addicted

Reaction score
I have a Shoei X11. I’m looking into more gear such as bike jeans and such. Trying to “dress for the slide”, ya know?
You will go down sometime, but lets pray that it doesn't happen, or that when you do go down pray for a lowside. Nice helment!

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
You will go down sometime, but lets pray that it doesn't happen, or that when you do go down pray for a lowside. Nice helment!

I know the odds aren’t great for that and you’re right about low vs high. It’s pretty scary stuff and everyone’s testimony about such events have really kept me on the sideline until I feel my safety gear level is sufficient. Lately I’ve been people riding in tank tops and shorts. That freaks me out lol

Addicted

Reaction score
I just dont like to someone get hurt, thats all. There was a guy I went to high school with that bought a 1000 and died on it after he got out the service, plus there's 3 or 4 others I knew. People dont respect the motorcycle. Everything is your enemy when your on the road, from a rock in a corner to a deer, and cell phones.

Boostr1

Reaction score
Nice ride. I like bikes from hogs to crotch rockets, rode a few that weren't mine, but I would never own one. To many bad drivers and especially in the area I live. Now if I lived out in the boonies somewhere I probably would have one. Here in Jersey you can't just go out and buy a bike you actually have to take a state mandated riding course before even getting the endorsement on your license.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Yes, I still have this thing. I need to make the time to put the new fairings on and get it inspected. It’s on the back burner.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Started to install the fairings this evening and I have no instructions.

This will be fun. So, let’s open the box. Crap, where’s my knife? Fuck it, I’ll use this sword.

34453E66-9651-4B2E-8C6F-359BA25EB8EC.jpeg

This will look pretty cool. I’ll try to take pictures along the way but there’s not much to see.

90FCED7D-6CBE-44F6-89C6-2A398710BE44.jpeg

Boostr1

Reaction score
Nice pocket knife...
giphy.gif

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
The fairing install is still progressing but I’ve ran into some fitment snags. Nothing serious, mainly plastic casting flash and a few holes that need to be reamed. Started with the nose and I’m working my way rearward.

Just like she likes it!

Also, peeled those GSXR logos off because they were improperly aligned.

DE2D81CE-5D0A-49B1-B33B-8F00A49C8BA4.jpeg

127B323D-DCE1-4ACE-B65C-25B1CF5046EA.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online