Who has the highest mileage SN95

Chris_Scott

Reaction score
I was at 250,000+ miles about 3 years ago before I removed the stock gauge cluster & computer.

Stock shortblock made 380rwhp N/A, rear end was still stock and untouched. Only about a year prior did I have to replace the stock T45 when I broke a shift fork at the race track.

Probably around 260k by now, it's mostly been in the garage in a state of change since. These things take quite a beating.

kaveman

Reaction score
140K and counting. That's also cuz of 3.73 gears that a previous owner installed God knows how long ago without a speedo correction lol

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

BlackStallion

Reaction score
Started this same thread a few years ago. lol

My car, is currently at 240,xxx miles. I used to drive it every day, and havent driven it as a daily driver in over 5 years. Had I still drove it daily, it would have about 440,000 miles LOL

Never ever opened up the engine at all. Mostly stock car still too, besides exhaust, gears, shifter, CAI, injectors/MAF

I just got called out for the "burnout challenge" on facebook, and so I did a sweet 1st/2nd gear burnout in it last night haha

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
Mine has ~200k on it and just under went my hci. With longtubes blah blah blah. And I drag it every weekend. Still running strong. Just gotta do required mantainence. Before the hci the factory enginenhad never been opened. Oil change every 3-4k miles and only amsoil or royal purple oil. When we opened her up the factory hash marks where still very prominent and there was no lip inside the cylinder bore. I also only run 93 octane.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Goldmember

Reaction score
Too bad [MENTION=14584]fry[/MENTION] isn't around anymore, I think she was in the 300k+ club.

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
not the right model - but still noteworthy. I once put 318K on an '89 Le Baron 2.4 GT.
when i bought I told it that I was not replacing it until it would not even pull out of the driveway and I made sure that happened. lol

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Broke down a 200k mile motor tonight

utesudu7.jpg

Cam journals

ezura8ys.jpg

I told him to drain the oil before he piled the motor..... water/coolant came out before all the oil did hahaha.

pe8upyqa.jpg

Worst follower

u6abudaq.jpg

yne9yge9.jpg

Oil pump

qa5y5uny.jpg

All the rod bearings looked like this....... except this one
zymu5eru.jpg

vyre3asu.jpg

5atagaby.jpg

ra5unama.jpg

The D3V

Jimzstang

Reaction score
D 3V ... In your opinion, was this motor in bad shape for 200K?

Sent from Ohio

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
No, it wasn't bad for what we had done. I am almost positive the damage in the can journals and the spun bearing happened after my friend bought the car..... it had a bad head gasket that was the only issue at the time. It was driven +1k hard miles and got water/coolant mixed into the oil which probably cause the bearings to start to fail. Which in turn sent metal through the motor into the can journals. Over all we needed an excuse to our wives to put a pi motor in it (which we secretly already had).

I was amazed there was still visible cross hatching even on the cylinder without a rod bearing. I was expecting to see lots of scuffing only cylinder 4 had an visual scuffing but number 8 was hard to tell with the dirty oil and coolant I let leak down it.

I pulled this out of the oil pick up tube screen lol
y3a9uqyb.jpg

The D3V

dhargo

Reaction score
96 GT - 357K plus miles. The plus miles is because the odometer was broken for a couple months.
Original motor, not rebuilt. Original 5-speed trans not rebuilt, original clutch replaced at over 300K.

ElKabong197

Reaction score
94 gt, 225k miles.

Was running up till like a month ago. Wasnt motor related, I think there is something wrong with the clutch safety switch. can jump the car to get it started, but then it dies if I let the clutch out to go.

Sent from my Galaxy S-fizzledizzle

Carnage281

Reaction score
I think mine is at 137,000 miles bone stock 04 gt. My brother has a 02 v-6 with 230,000 miles on it, had it since new, and bone stock except for a few visual mods. It's still a pretty good car considering, only thing is it has a little drivetrain vibration.

stanggirlSN95

Reaction score
One of my forest green 95s was at 287k when i sold it. That was almost 2 yrs ago and the guy still drives it daily. Must be well into the 300s by now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online