Who is running dumps?

T-5 Killer

Reaction score
I tried turn downs when I had my old xpipe/flowmaster 40 setup, I had tons of vibrations and drone took them off after one day.

sweet94GT

Reaction score
I tried turn downs when I had my old xpipe/flowmaster 40 setup, I had tons of vibrations and drone took them off after one day.
Not very promising. I have an x, hollowed cats, and FM 40s. Wanted to cut out the cats, and push the mufflers back and put on turndowns....

sn95jones

Reaction score
my 4v has turndowns and the drone on long drives is brutal.

went from Denver to Laramie and both my girlfriend and I had splitting headaches at the end of each trip.

I have garbage "Jones Exhaust" mufflers tho. that doesnt help.

I look forward to pipes one day, thats for sure!

If you limit long distance driving and slap on $20.00 turn-downs, you should be fine. I liked it in-city...
Hey now! Whats this suppose to mean? Lol

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have dumps on my 95. BBK O/R H-pipe into Flowmasters into dumps. Sounds really good, get compliments on it all the time. Not super loud, doesn't drone much if any at all but also running 4.10s so my highway RPMs are different.

sweet94GT

Reaction score
Sounds like mine wouldn't be too bad, as I have 3.90 gears. Not far off from 4.10s

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Now I know ..I was thinking about running dumps or sides in the next few weeks as a winter project. Im currently running a Off Road H pipes, Flows Super 44's ..Love the sound but want a different look and better sound at Cruising speeds around 35/45 mph.
securedownload.jpg

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I'm running 2.5" MAC Pro Dumps on my 5.0 with the stock catted h and manifolds, sounds really good and very deep. Imo not loud enough for me so eventually I'll get some headers. They drone at about 1100-1500 rpms but its really not bad, oh and everything vibrates too haha. Only way I'd go back to tailpipes was if I put an O/R H so I wouldn't inhale that terrible smell every day

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
4F7505E9-C746-4ABD-A231-A43390F753BE-2826-0000034C477839FC.jpg

Love my MAC Pro Dumps! On another note i needa get rid of the stock sway bars and put some Eibach's in and some Maximum Motorsports full length sub frame connectors

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
I'm running 2.5" MAC Pro Dumps on my 5.0 with the stock catted h and manifolds, sounds really good and very deep. Imo not loud enough for me so eventually I'll get some headers. They drone at about 1100-1500 rpms but its really not bad, oh and everything vibrates too haha. Only way I'd go back to tailpipes was if I put an O/R H so I wouldn't inhale that terrible smell every day
Thats the problem now...the smell with the O/H Pipes....Dumps may not work for me...The sides might not be too bad.

Slykin

Reaction score
Before I put my side exhaust on I ran a catless flowmaster system dumped before the axle. It sounded MEAN, but did it ever drone. It was pretty unbearable on trips longer than 20-30min. That's with 3.73 gears. Going on the interstate at 70+ was terrible. I would highly recommend side exhaust though.. i'm running magnaflow side exhaust, and while you get exhaust smell sometimes at long red lights, it's not a big deal. It's definitely much easier to deal with than the stupid dumps.

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
Im running a full mac header back 2.5" exhaust and cut my tips off to run dumps just over the rear axel. I also gutted my cats and the smell isnt to bad its alot better than my carbed straight pipe 302 bronco.

Bionic at 20lbs of boost

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Before I put my side exhaust on I ran a catless flowmaster system dumped before the axle. It sounded MEAN, but did it ever drone. It was pretty unbearable on trips longer than 20-30min. That's with 3.73 gears. Going on the interstate at 70+ was terrible. I would highly recommend side exhaust though.. i'm running magnaflow side exhaust, and while you get exhaust smell sometimes at long red lights, it's not a big deal. It's definitely much easier to deal with than the stupid dumps.
The Magnaflow Mufflers you are running are what Model? Did you have to buy a side exhaust kit? When you can could you throw some of you pix of it?

Slykin

Reaction score
The Magnaflow Mufflers you are running are what Model? Did you have to buy a side exhaust kit? When you can could you throw some of you pix of it?

It's a special kit that they don't make anymore sadly enough. I was able to pick it up off of a guy on here. You can definitely make a custom setup though. Just get a straight through muffler and weld it into the front of your midpipe, or get a 180 muffler like these and fab up something. Here's a pic of what mine looks like(not actually mine, but same thing). The actual mufflers are Dynomax Super Turbo's I think. Not Magnaflow like I said above.

Edit: Check out Spintech's muffler systems, they make side exhaust kits.

014-8.jpg

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
It's a special kit that they don't make anymore sadly enough. I was able to pick it up off of a guy on here. You can definitely make a custom setup though. Just get a straight through muffler and weld it into the front of your midpipe, or get a 180 muffler like these and fab up something. Here's a pic of what mine looks like(not actually mine, but same thing). The actual mufflers are Dynomax Super Turbo's I think. Not Magnaflow like I said above.

014-8.jpg
Cool Thx...I was thinking about SLP Resonators and just grab a side exhaust kit from Summit Racing...and the only thing is I just don't to go backwards on sound vs my Flows Super 44's. Then I would be pissed....but I have to do something.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I didnt read but do you have a 5.0 or 4.6? Goin from flows to SLPs is gonna be a huge change in tone and sound overall imo. If you want deep sounding, not too much drone and an aggressive sound overall you could pick up some 2.5" MAC Pro Dumps for like 199.99 from StangMods.com

Slykin

Reaction score
^^^That's a pretty good deal too. MAC's are probably a lot less obnoxious than Flowmasters lol.

GMSMOKR

Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online