Window problem ONLY 94-95

CasperGT

Reaction score
Hey javi would you mind to reupload those pictures if you could?

cobrazilla

Reaction score
I am about to tackle this issue with my 95, I have bought new window motors though, because I have already done the "nut" fix on both my windows in the past. Now my drivers side window will not work at all, not sure if the motor went bad.

mavisky

Reaction score
I had to sand down the bushing to get them to fit properly inside my motor housing, but the motor works flawlessly now.

I'm still laughing at the "that's not garlic" as that was exactly my first thought when I opened it up.

lutter94

Reaction score
Ya know if you wanna be cheap or you your local auto parts store doesn't have the bushings you can use nuts. Just put some nuts in there how you would the bushings and it will work fine. I've done it on a few cars. However there is a reason why the stock bushings are plastic so you don't chop your fingers off while rolling the window up.
Dan

1/4" nuts to be exact. :) I did this on both the mustang and F150.

cobrazilla

Reaction score
I went ahead and yanked the old motor that didn't work. To my amazement it worked with a power probe fine when I pulled it out, so I went ahead and installed the new motor from motor craft, and guess what? It didn't work. So after fiddling with it for a bit I realized that I didn't plug in the 1 touch down box, plugged back in and voila it worked :) I had to reglue the front stopper back on the window which I found at the bottom inside my drivers door. There is also this plastic piece that I found that I can't figure out where it goes inside the door.

Dr Fildo

Reaction score
This is an old thread and the pics are not available. I'm also having this problem, I believe. Are the bushings smooth, or do they look like little gears? I gave the part # to the guy at Advanced and the parts were 3 little smooth... bushings, I guess. I was assuming they would look like gears, so I didn't buy them.

lutter94

Reaction score
This is an old thread and the pics are not available. I'm also having this problem, I believe. Are the bushings smooth, or do they look like little gears? I gave the part # to the guy at Advanced and the parts were 3 little smooth... bushings, I guess. I was assuming they would look like gears, so I didn't buy them.

Those three smooth bushings are correct. you can also use 1/4" nuts, thats what I did

BranSVT

Reaction score
I just cleaned out the motor and replaced the bushings with 6 1/4" stainless nuts. My window rolls up and down perfectly except for a loud clunk. Sometimes it happens in the middle, sometimes when it's all the way down and right when you start rolling it up.
Anyone have any ideas of what it could be?
Here's a video. If you watch closely the window seems to quickly jerk when the clunk sound is made:
[video=vimeo;160362735]https://vimeo.com/160362735[/video]

lutter94

Reaction score
Holy old thread batman, the nuts are tight in there, correct? any chance they had wiggle room? I can't remember how tight mine were, they haven't had any issues since.

lutter94

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards regulator. Have you tried going up and down with the panel off, visual inspection of sorts.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
sounds like something is not tight enough on the regulator.

One thing I need to say about when the motors stop working its probably not the motor that is bad and just a bad connection somewhere in either of the windows. The wiring system that the locks and windows use is called a 5-wire rest at ground reversing polarity wire system. The advantage of this system is that it doesn't use relays, the switches do all the work so there are less parts. The bad part of it is that trouble shooting the master/slave system that it works on is a royal PIA.... They way it is wired up, if your drivers window stops working it could be anything from a bad connection on the passenger window because of the master/slave system it uses or just a bad connection at the pass switch that will kill both windows if it takes out the master window.

If your window will not go up or down, first of course check fuses. After that its important to check all the connections at the switches and anywhere there is a wire harness.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online