Window Tint Suggestions

Reaction score
Going to get my windows tinted sometime within the next couple weeks. A shop in town is doing any two door cars for 99 bucks...seems like a pretty good deal.

Does the percentage people talk about refer to the light being let in?
Does anyone know the legal max tint?
Any suggestions what I should get, legal or not?
I have smoked headlights, so i was hoping to look for a "shade" that would be more smokey than just straight black , do they have something like that?
Any pics of your car would be appreciated

Here is recent random pic that shows the side to help you know what im working with

IMG_2414.jpg

wytstang

Reaction score
The percentage I believe refers to the amount of light allowed through. Most state allow 32% or higher (check local laws). Tint shops will do darker tint it's just cash only with no warranty at all, if it is crap the next day that can tell you to take a walk. If it's a reputable shop that won't happen. Mine has 20% all around
IMG_0137Medium.jpg

wife car also has 20%
SmartClayPinkMooseSoureran005Medium.jpg

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
20% is pretty dark. i couldn't get away with that in Ga.. the shop should know what is max. legal. $99 bucks is a good deal if you get the warrenty and the tint that doesn't turn purple in a few years. i paid that much for my truck over 5 years ago.

Marvin97

Reaction score
You need to find out what your state's legal limit is. Some cops will be a douche about it if they ever pull you over. My car has 5% on the side, quarter and back window, the windshield is fully tinted 50%. Gives the car a real clean look. I'd put up some pics but the car is in pieces right now. I got a lifetime guarantee on mine, if it ever bubbles or discolors he'll replace it.

wytstang

Reaction score
DESERTCOX05 said:
20% is pretty dark. i couldn't get away with that in Ga.. the shop should know what is max. legal. $99 bucks is a good deal if you get the warrenty and the tint that doesn't turn purple in a few years. i paid that much for my truck over 5 years ago.
My dad gets away with it and he's around Valdosta/Echols county area.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
What is the consensus on whether or not you tint the front windshield....if so, you would probably leave it at a much higher percentage right?!

ram360

Reaction score
99 is a great price... The shop that does mine is 180. I was hoping to get the stang done soon too. I was leaning towards 5% on the rears and 20 on the side windows. Although I do like wystangs w/ 20 all around. I'm not trying to piss off any cops so I'd rather not give them a reason to pull me over so it's looking like it's going to be 20 all around for me plus it's nice to have SOME nighttime visability.

Marvin97

Reaction score
sanchezcruz_20 said:
What is the consensus on whether or not you tint the front windshield....if so, you would probably leave it at a much higher percentage right?!
of course, that's why mine is 50% on the windshield. My whole setup was $225, lifetime warranty if it ever discolors, peels off or bubbles

mylittleponie

Reaction score
i do all my own tinting... I usally do 5 percent all around and use to to put 20 down the front.. But cops are starting to bust for it... I i thought 20 would be good but im gonna do my black stang in 15 percent that way its still dark and has good visability to see at night..lol

Marvin97

Reaction score
The only thing with tinting your windshield is make sure your the kinda guy who always wears your seatbelt. I always do, but my tint guy told me a story of a woman who's car he had tinted the windshield. She hit a deer with it, going about 45 and the windshield caught it. She thanked him, said it probably saved her life cause the deer didn't go through it. So he told me to make sure I wear mine, hitting that windshield in an accidnt would be like hitting a wall. If a 250lb deer wont go through it, little 150lb me wont either.

DSTRBD

Reaction score
30% and "No" on the front windshield... go legal and it will really suck if you pay for all that and it needs to be taken off after a ticket !

Marvin97

Reaction score
I live in ky dude, we don't get tickets for bs stuff like window tint and exhaust. i know a guy riding around in a dodge pickup that has 2 layers of 5% on both sides and the back, and 15% on the windshield. They don't worry about it, just be sure if you get pulled over to turn on the interior light and roll the window down before he gets up to it. My uncle is a state trooper, he says the only problem cops have with tint is not being able to see what they're walking up on. roll them down and you should be fine. unless your cops are a-holes

Mr.Bolt-on

Reaction score
Bah just don't tint the windows. Then you'll be worry free, and it will look 100% better. I always rip all the tint out of any car I buy. Tint... blah. The only time I'd tint my windows is if the windows had window roll up marks. Then tint might make it look better.

mylittleponie

Reaction score
97whitevert said:
The only thing with tinting your windshield is make sure your the kinda guy who always wears your seatbelt. I always do, but my tint guy told me a story of a woman who's car he had tinted the windshield. She hit a deer with it, going about 45 and the windshield caught it. She thanked him, said it probably saved her life cause the deer didn't go through it. So he told me to make sure I wear mine, hitting that windshield in an accidnt would be like hitting a wall. If a 250lb deer wont go through it, little 150lb me wont either.
not being a dick but you do know that there is a layer of vinyl between the two glasses so no mater what the windsheild will not shatter.. Just thought i would let you know that... But yes tint will keep most of the glass chips from coming at you..

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
made my appointment for this coming wednesday....20% all around except for front windshield. will post pics for fun...

how much did it cost you guys who did the entire front windshield, cause they told me they could do it, but it would be like an 225!!!!i dont know if that was extra or total cost.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online