Wire tuck and and engine bay clean up

1995stang

Reaction score
Okay guys i want to clean up and wire tuck my engine bay can you post pics or give advice on how to do this

DavidBoren

Reaction score
First off, you need to decide what you are going to keep, and what you plan to discard. Also, keep in mind what you may plan to add later. Ponder that for a minute while staring into your engine bay.

Once you have a clear idea of what you want out this tuck and/or shave, go to the engine bay picture thread and find some pics of something similar to what you want to accomplish.

Once you find a picture of what someone else on this forum has already done, that closely resembles what you want, send that person(s) a private message. We have the technology.

A lot of people have done wire tucks and shaved the engine bay. Everyone has different tastes, abilities, and goals. Everyone does it different. You need to provide adequate information regarding your intentions. There are many levels of what you requested, so you might want to be a little more specific.

See, you never even said anything about shaving your engine bay, but I assumed you were talking about weld-in scottrod panels when you said clean up the engine bay.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
It's really not that hard but like he said above you need to decide what you intend on keeping and don't . I deleted most everything . I can dig up some pics . The fuse panel is in the drivers fender along with most of the wiring then it runs along the rad support. Everything else runs down the passenger side which is minimal .

94yellow50

Reaction score
Good info has been given. If you were thinking of shaved the Scott rod panels make it very nice. A lot of it will just make sense once you look at it as far as how to hide something. Others doesn't hurt to ask. Here's mine I finished over the winter while motor was out

Don't mind the mile of vacuum line to the oil separator, that's gone now..

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the only parts that are really confusing is when you get under the battery mount. IIRC its because we are all thinking that we need to pull the wires back to the doors. In that case you need to disconnect the harness above the fender and then pull it back towards the front.

JamesG83

Reaction score
Could I get these pics of your wire tuck and where u mounted everything under fenders and how send them to my email or a thread u know of with this info to [email protected] thanks

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Could I get these pics of your wire tuck and where u mounted everything under fenders and how send them to my email or a thread u know of with this info to [email protected] thanks
[MENTION=14656]Musturd[/MENTION] - May be able to take you pictures.

You may have luck google searching the subject. The photobucket fiasco has screwed most of the old sources of tech information saved across various forums.

Photonfanatic

Reaction score
I'd really like to see those pics of Musturd's engine. Doesn't seem to work anymore after that whole photobucket debacle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online