Wtf is going on with my tach?

Ineedav8

Reaction score
I've noticed it going crazy recently as the motor is happy and lumpy at 900 or so but the tach was at a solid 3 grand then driving doing 45/50 my tach pegs out to 6 and stays there while im cruising car has no problems other then that could it be a bad ground?

lutter94

Reaction score
I've had that before with the speedo, like it has terrets. I swapped the stepper motor in my cluster. Have access to another cluster to test it?

OP
OP
Ineedav8

Ineedav8

Reaction score
Not really. My speedometer has been dead for awhile being i never accurately hooked it up to my speedcal and me being lazy but thats basically what it does I pulled into my drive way earlier and it sat at a 2 grand again it's extremely frustrating.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had a cluster that would do this after driving for a while. Bought a different cluster off of eBay and didn't have anymore issues.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Q:WTF is going on with my tach?
my answer: I would say it sounds like its broken. But I am not a mechanic just stayed at a holiday in express,

last year...

This comedy break brought to you by my sponsors at mishimoto. No need to thank me please remember to tip your bar tenders and servers.

OP
OP
Ineedav8

Ineedav8

Reaction score
Smartass lol and I used there liquid chill coolant additive and it did nothing i wasn't very happy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online