X or H-pipes

OP
OP

97six

Reaction score
oh i do trust me and i have faith in my little six

Goindeafonmtx

Reaction score
You really aren't going to see any difference in the two different setups on your car, ecspecially in the performance department. And your headers are really not a problem for our cars either. In fact, they flow extremely well and you won't see much of an improvement in performance until some sort of power adder is added.

If I were you, I would have an exhaust shop fab you up a intermiediate pipe, buy your own muffs, and get some tailpipes off a GT. I did just that on my car and it only costed a little over $200. :)

FYI: A 79-04 GT's exhaust will fit your car no problem.

jpajkos

Reaction score
We puy on my buddy Gabe's 6 the Mac Flowpath catback system. It was far the best sounds exhuast IMO. Im sure with a Mac H pipe it will defiantly open the sounds up and give it more of a rumble. Flowmasters to me sound ok. But in Higher RPM ranges for me they sound horrible.

bizeeracin

Reaction score
i have a 00V6 flowmaster true dual exhaust i feel like it lost hp. maybe due to the lost of 2 much back pressure im n sure.so i did so research on x & h pipes. it looks to me like the x is best. i was reading that the h pipe is for a V8 because the way the engine fires is off set that why on the h the space is offset from the exhaust manifold/headers to the h pipe. the X keeps the presure even on both sides ;)
oh and true exhaust is no pipe connecting the two exhaust pipes for more serious hp maybe turbo or sc it is loud though lol i say either leave the y n save money and get cat bac system or get the x. take or leave it for what it is hope it helps ya