Yet another termin swap power rack..but different!!

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
You could loop the lines on a termi rack the same way you do anything else and run it that way but I doubt it would feel any different. The difference in them is the valving for the power steering basically gives less assist which gives you better feel. But, if you're swapping racks anyhow a real manual rack would be the way to go.

or ill just get a different pump with less assist lol. One main reason I was considering even changing the rack is because someone mentioned it was better for 275 up front. Come to find out its because of the factory stops. Ill just change my tie-rods and bushings, because I ended up discovering that the clunk Ive been hearing is from worn out strut bushings, not the rack. and it makes sense because i did not feel anything on my wheel. So looks like im keeping my R&P till it goes out, and then ill replace it with a flaming river unit.

But as far as manual, is it any different than power as far as comfort? this car is my DD, so i do not want my wheel shaking 24/7..

ReplicaR

Reaction score
ReplicaR, I noticed in another thread you mentioned you had an AGR unit. Did you swap it out?

Really? Because I've never had AGR unit. Are you sure that I posted that? That's pretty confusing to me.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Really? Because I've never had AGR unit. Are you sure that I posted that? That's pretty confusing to me.

im pretty sure. Or something like you think yours is an AGR? idk just curious, but it doesnt matter i am not getting an AGR unit.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I did have a rebuilt stock rack in there, maybe that was it. But when it came time to upgrade, I went for OEM 03-04 Cobra rack.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I did have a rebuilt stock rack in there, maybe that was it. But when it came time to upgrade, I went for OEM 03-04 Cobra rack.

Got it. I think ill just save up for a flaming river unit. I havent heard of anything negative about that company..have you?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online