zip-tied IMRC's

danielson631

Reaction score
so i saw the idea of zip-tieng open the IMRC's so i thought id give it a try.

i can deff feel a quicker response anything under 3200rpms.

im running an bbk o/r h and flowmasters and i noticed it sounds a little louder at times too

ive heard about IMRC deletes but i picked up two zipties and did it in seconds without any effort or money spent, and it felt good in the end.

anyways, is there any negative effects of constantly keeping them open??

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
you shouldn't really gain any low end performance under 3250rpms. it should actually be opposite because the IMRC's whole function is to aid low end torque. all the gains should be seen higher in the RPM range.

if you are keeping them open, i would definitely get your car tuned. the computer is going to recognize them as being open and compensate for it. my car ran like **** when i did an IMRC delete until I got it tuned.

better yet, i would take your intake off and do an actual IMRC delete. its not hard at all. if you can let your car be down for 2 days to let the JB weld dry, your gold. just my opinion though.

OP
OP
D

danielson631

Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]

better yet, i would take your intake off and do an actual IMRC delete. its not hard at all. if you can let your car be down for 2 days to let the JB weld dry, your gold. just my opinion though.

i wanted to take my intake off anyways bc i had a bad pcv valve sucking oil into the intake so i wanted to clean it out. is there any write ups on how to do a homemade delete?? how easy is it cause i have jb weld and free time this weekend.

OP
OP
D

danielson631

Reaction score
ok lets say before i tied the IMRCs, im rolling in first gear around 2000 rpms (not sure how fast my speedo is whacked) and id punch the gas, take off, and THEN id feel it open up more at around 3200rpms. which is normal right?

so i tied them, and i am rolling at the same speed 2000rpms and i punch it, the tires spin instantly and there is no
hesitation.

i need new tires though thats why they spin so bad but i tested this all in one day.

hmm?? idk.

SnakedMark8

Reaction score
The PCM is going to see they are stuck open, if you check for CELs you should have some for this. The PCM also has tables for open and closed IMRCs that it follows. Without any changes in the programming to compensate for you forcing them open you are not going to gain any significate gain and it's looking at the wrong tables since it thinks you have failed IMRCs.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my butt dyno says i got madz HP... the real dyno says i have 194RWHP... one of them is wrong. lol.

SnakedMark8

Reaction score
Let me correct my last post. You probably won't see a CEL for them being tied open due to the limit switches are in the controller. As long as the controller is still operating correctly it won't sense anything. I was thinking of the Mark VIII's setup where the limit switches are on the IMRC linkage. Either way, the PCM isn't adjusting and isn't adjusted for them tied open and so its using the wrong tables to operate from.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online