04 terminator swap

KWClutch

Reaction score
The ECM Harness goes from the ECM/ECU to the engine harness. It also has the intercooler relay and other sensors. The PATS can't be turned off with your handheld. At least my SCT won't. A professional tuner should be able to.

Fuel is easy. but you'll also need an FPDM (fuel pump driver module). It tells the pumps when to come on and when to shut off. It's a returnless system. You'll also need the FPDM harness for this too which is located in the rear body harness. I just gutted it out of the body harness and it works fine. (took a box cutter and a lot of time) It is located in an 03 cobra in the drivers side trunk liner. You can install it there in the same place. Your PATS system is located there as well.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
MustangChris said:
lol, the stripes will be gone shortly after the termi swap because i plan on swapping my hood at the same time...

mirrors, hood, stripes, and motor. all at the same time. lol.

also, the 16s are staying where they are. lol. :-D new wheel spacers might be in line tho.

.. . .. annnnnd lastly, thanks for the compliments! :) im looking forward to it.
you're welcome :) have fun trying to get traction on the sixteenies :tongue3:

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
its better that way, i wont want to waste my tires, so i wont step on the gas as much, so i wont blowed up my transmission :p lol. one day maybe ill slap slicks on em. :-D :p

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
ahh i see... i wouldnt be able to help myself. roast the tires through the first three gears or your're not driving it hard enough :p

KWClutch

Reaction score
I personally think you'll roast the T-45 in a week. Also get your tuner to turn off the traction control. You wont have a button to turn it off. That ebay one is JUST the dash harness. You'll also need the ECM and Engine Harness. You'll also need the actual FPDM Module. You can get them on SVTP regularly for 40 bucks. I spliced the 03 Harness into the 98 plugs. It makes it easier this way and everything works.

The Harness' go like this:

Cluster<---Dash harness(ac controls,radio etc)<---ECM---->ECM Harness(goes through firewall)--->Engine Harness (plugs into injectors etc)

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
this computer garbage is pissing me the eff off. lol.

i got this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270514905290&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

so ill snag that dash one too.

now what about:
"injector harness" ??? (the ebay guy sent it to me, said he had one for sale...)

isnt that on the engine wiring harness?

Cluster (need)<---Dash harness(buying)<---ECM (do these pop up pretty often? got any pics? i have no idea what this even looks like)---->ECM Harness(need)--->Engine Harness (bought)

and finally the FPDM...

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ive read so many of those build threads, but they are all so .. ... iffy on the computer stuff... "heres me plugging in the computer *small picture*" ... lol. ill read through this one, thanks bro!

KWClutch

Reaction score
The ECM is the computer. it's called many different things. You could have yours reflashed but I sold my 98 for almost as much as I got an 03 one for. I also have all the wiring diagrams. There is no "Injector" harness but he could just be calling the engine harness by the wrong name. get a picture of it and I'll tell you if its the right thing or not. The wiring and computer stuff is BY FAR the crappiest part of this swap but I did it, others have, you'll make it to the end.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
thanks for the encouragement. i didnt realize this build thread was yours. lol. its nice to see smart people struggle... :-D lol. makes me feel less retarded.

Cluster (need)<---Dash harness(buying)<---ECM (need, "ecu/computer")---->ECM Harness(need)--->Engine Harness (have)

nice. thanks for helping me out on that. i was getting flustered and i was about to throw up... lol.

KWClutch

Reaction score
Haha yes it is. And as you can see like I said before I would have paid 500 bucks to know then what I know now. I was an idiot. I don't claim to know everything now but I do know a lot about the swap. I put a lot of blood and sweat (literally) into the build and you will too but when you start it up for the first time you'll be proud of what you did. And then every time you drive it you'll feel the same way. Feels 1 million times better than you'll feel when you're under the car worried about what you got yourself into. lol

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
it wouldnt be so bad except everyone has different names for computer parts...

im reading your thread and post #53 is talking about "body harnesses" . .. . . . WTF?>!!?!?!. >.<

i like your simple drawing with arrows. lol.

chances are i'll take you up on that $20.00 offer, it will be the best $20.00 ill spend in this thread... but im holding out until im in a REALLY tough spot at a brick wall...

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
whats a PCM harness?

whats the cooling mod, does 04 come with it stock, and how much does it cost? lol.

KWClutch

Reaction score
PCM/ECM/ECU are all the same thing.

Powertrain Control Module
Electrical Control Module
Electrical Control Unit

= Little silver box under passenger dash known as the Computer. lol

KWClutch

Reaction score
The cooling mod is a mod you install to make sure the #8 cylinder is getting cooled properly. You hear of all the 03 cobras blowing up in 6th gear under WOT because of poor head design. It allows for a pocket of heated coolant to get trapped above the #8. The 04 heads were designed not to do this but they still have problems. You'll hear "DO IT" and "it doesn't made a difference". I don't have it on mine but I woudn't say don't do it. They are like 100-150. It wouldn't hurt. After you finish the swap I have a little free secret mod to give you more boost through 1st and 2nd gear.

KWClutch

Reaction score
Nope but it might have made my job 100 times easier. Id recommend it.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
fugggggggggg i dont want to pull my dash >.< lol.

where do i get the "cooling mod" and what does it entail?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online