14 psi Twin Mid Mount Turbo Stock Block (Update)

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
glad your having good luck with it.
What is the current HP? Any vids?
Any more pics of all the piping set up under the car?

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Cool deal! Way to think outside the box!

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I've seen kits like that a while back for Fbody Camaros and Firebirds. They were called rear mounted turbo. The running joke was that someone could come to your car in the middle of the night with a sawzall, and steal your Turbo. The upside of doing that was a lot more room in the rear of the car. The downside was that the turbo was exposed a lot more to elements, the piping was a lot longer making the whole setup heavier in the process, and being mounted so far back, I believe the lag was worse.

Edit: I finally remembered who made the kits. STS

http://ststurbo.com/

OP
OP
T

TT94SVT

Reaction score
glad your having good luck with it.
What is the current HP? Any vids?
Any more pics of all the piping set up under the car?
No hp numbers yet planning on getting it to the dyno after I get a new trans and block. I do have a few clips but i'm filming more

OP
OP
T

TT94SVT

Reaction score
I've seen kits like that a while back for Fbody Camaros and Firebirds. They were called rear mounted turbo. The running joke was that someone could come to your car in the middle of the night with a sawzall, and steal your Turbo. The upside of doing that was a lot more room in the rear of the car. The downside was that the turbo was exposed a lot more to elements, the piping was a lot longer making the whole setup heavier in the process, and being mounted so far back, I believe the lag was worse.

It would be super difficult to lay underneath my car and try to steal my turbos lol as they sit in the middle. weight isn't a big deal and if you really wanted to you could use aluminum charge pipes, the turbos barely weigh any more than the stock mufflers they replaced and Lag isn't really an issue once you get everything heat wrapped.

OP
OP
T

TT94SVT

Reaction score

The other thing about the weight is I don't run an intercooler I run meth so the weight is a lot lower. Obviously when I step my boost up higher I will probably need an intercooler

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online

No members online now.