1995 GT Vert NYC

XxslowpokexX

Reaction score
Well after I sold my mustang I was having withdrawals. I missed having a convertible. And driving the Kia I got for free as a daily driver albeit excellent MPG...Well.....Just wasnt cutting it.

So I found a 95 mustang gt vert auto for sale locally. 179,000 miles...Runs great..suspension and all ok...Original owner...But the interior was ratty...Had those factory 16" rims...Ugly rear factory spoiler....fogged headlights/tailights..Torn up rear seat and drivers seat...rear quarter window didnt move...You get the idea..Only one ding on the whole car. It had a crazy stereo which the owner removed. PRICE.....Negotiated to $1500(I posted before photos in the newbie forum)

Good..New struts..New Fan New Radiator New Alternator..New tints very light..New tuneup..The bad I basically mentioned

I have 7 cars however this is the one Ill be driving daily so I needed to make it presentable

SO here is what I did(In order)....So far total cost around $2,000 including car (1-9)

1) Clay bar/Wax (forgot..Had to re-weld hanger on tailpipe)
2) HELP repair kit for rear window motor
3) Polished rear tailights (Harbor freight kit on sale $8)
4) Mach 1 Chin Spoiler
5) Ebay headlights/turn signal covers
6) S281 saleen rear spolier
7) As part of a package deal. (CCHHEEAAPP)
Saleen 17*9 chrome rims with funky bullet wheel lugs
Two side mirrors. Needed one but new ones had texture finish so changed both
Two trunk struts
drivers side switch panel cover..Mine was screwed in
Never before used spare!!!!
8) Rear interior panels. Mine were a little beat up...FREE
9) Rear lower seat..Mine was shredded...FREE!!!!!

Now what I am in the process of doing which is beyond the $2000
Add stereo. Front and rear components using mach 460 enclosures..and a bunch of stuff I had left over from my old mustang. Nice alpine deck, rockford fosgate amps (The good ones from back in the day) bandpass box with 2 tens (kicker) and alpine components in the rear and infinity in the fron .....Total cost will be around $300 bucks for misc wiring out of pocket

Up to $2,300

10) gt40 heads mildly ported with 1.7 rockers..$100
11) Comp cam COMP CAM #35-552-8 ($50 brand neewwww SCORE)
12) 24lb inj, 80mm MAF 255lph pump from my parts bin
13) NOS Kit (yah I know...it was laying around)
14) Headers....I have some but depending on what intake I find will depend on me wanting headers with EGR or not....

I figure I can score an intake/tb at a decent price. I do need some front seats...But otherwise its not that bad. I think ill actually be in the car for under $3,000 when all is said and done. I realize Ill need to get a tune as these cars are notorious for detonation due to crazy timing curves given to them for emissions. But that will be tackled after I get all teh engine stuff together. Waiting on some deals..Will be at Carlisle PA All Ford Nats....Maybe find something there. My Thunderbird SC I usually bring every year is down for the count..SO this will be going with me (Thus why I needed to make it presentable!)

Not looking for crazy HP just wanted something fun to drive that doesn't cost an arm and a leg..And mustang stuff is cheap.>ANYWAYS..A few photos What do you all think?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

OP
OP
X

XxslowpokexX

Reaction score
Thanks. It isnt bad at all. Im starting to really like it. Was a little ratty inside and my white clay bar turned orange but its now presentable....And yes I forgot..Definitely need springs! Not sure what to go with yet..Maybe a 3/4 inch or so drop. And im in Queens, NYC

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online