1995 Mustang GT build, 5.0 to 8.0 Viper V10 swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldmember

Reaction score
Maybe he just has nothing new to report? Money, kids, work, could be any number of things. Interested to see where this goes, too.

OP
OP
cantbuytime

cantbuytime

Reaction score
This was a project that me and my brother was working on. We had it running for a day but blew out the rings during engine break in. Car was far from finished. A few weeks later my brother passed away (last year), I then lost all my connections in the Viper community. So after my brother was gone I just didnt want to continue on without him. I stripped the motor down selling every piece including the car as a roller. Also needed the cash so I could move to North Dakota for a new job.. I just kinda freaked out and wanted to get it all gone. It was too painful of a reminder. Really wish I had kept the car atleast. Kick myself everyday for getting rid of the car.

Anyways. It was cool, a fun build. Honestly for the price it cost to build a Viper V10 Gen 1,2,3 or Gen 4. its not really worth it unless your looking for 1000hp or more. A LS motor woulda been same power for half the money. Just not as cool as a Viper V10.. It would be sweet to build another one.. I would Rather go with the 5.0 Coyote though.

Now I have moved back to Houston. Just picked up a White 94 GT. Going back 5.0 with it. Nothing crazy, just 400+hp daily driver. LOL... Build thread coming soon. Will be a tribute to My brother, his fave color combo was black and red. Luckily the 94 I got has the black and red interior. So it will work with the paint scheme.

Slykin

Reaction score
Dang man.. I don't know what i'd do if that happened. I'm really sorry to hear that, and as cool as cars are, your sanity/life are more important. I'm looking forward to the tribute build though, i'm sure it'll be great.

OP
OP
cantbuytime

cantbuytime

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Its all much appreciated.

@GT Rob. I am on there. I have only posted a few times the last month or so.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey man, really sorry to hear about your brother =/

Glad to see you back around though.
My deepest condolences

det_riot

Reaction score
Damn man, Thoughts and prayers with your and your family. It's always rough to lose someone that close to you. RIP

On a side note, i also can not wait to see how you pull together this tribute build. I love seeing builds that have a real meaning to them!

copmagnet

Reaction score
that kinda brought a tear to my eye. I couldnt amagine loosing my sibling.

I think the tribute car thing is a really nice idea. I will be looking for the build thread!

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
So sorry for ur loss . Glad to see your back around

GT Rob

Reaction score
What part of town are you in.I'm in spring off of spring cypress and champion forest

OP
OP
cantbuytime

cantbuytime

Reaction score
I use to live by 1960 and 45. Once we moved back we found a place in the country by Conroe. Its just west of Conroe on 105

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Hey man! Sorry for your loss, I think it's very cool you're building a tribute. Will follow closely.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
I am very sorry to hear of your loss man. This tribute build will truly be special. I will keep my eyes out for this. Im sure your brother will really enjoy watching it come together as well. Good luck man

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Damn man, I'm sorry for your loss :/

I'm glad, however, that you found a positive way to continue your brothers memory!

Status
Not open for further replies.