1998 gt MINE!!!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
PI - is the name ford gave them,
stands for Power Improved

In 99 the changed to heads with bigger ports, and a little better cams.
The intake manifold also has bigger runners.

The swap usually consists of the assembled head/cams, intake manifold, gaskets, and head changing kit.

Stock swap, you're good for about 45 rwhp.
I did ported heads, and cams, & tune - and gained 95 rwhp.

They are the place to start for serious power gains, the headports on the stock 96-98 are too small.
At about 5500 rpm it falls on it's face. If you add a blower, you're airflow is limited by that specifically.

It also depends on how much power you want to get from your car, and how much money you want to put into mods :)

there's some pics of my swap in my member ride thread - Dalamar

Let us know if you have any questions.

badass98svt

Reaction score
i had a black 97 gt. she looked schweet. i got a bunch of pics if yer looking for exterior ideas

OP
OP
A

AmericanStang

Reaction score
thanks for the great replys guys, i am gunna talk to my garage man and see what he says, but ya i will research it way more and check it out i want my shit to be like sonic the hedge hog

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
looks new man. Nice car and your tire got some treads :behind:

OP
OP
A

AmericanStang

Reaction score
nuther quick question, will the PI intake manifold work with non pi cam and bbk headers? or do i need to have the whole deal in order to have that intake manifold

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
AmericanStang said:
nuther quick question, will the PI intake manifold work with non pi cam and bbk headers? or do i need to have the whole deal in order to have that intake manifold

ahhh, I seen your question on thread in the 4.6 section and wasn't sure what you ment, you wrote your question better here. The PI intake will work with any cams and headers, I had it on my 98 with the stock heads and cams with MAC long-tubes. I got mine from livernois motorsports it came with special adapter plates so the fit on the ports was correct, some people will tell you to use a liquid sealer to caulk it up...........DONT, get the right stuff and do it correct the first time.

OP
OP
A

AmericanStang

Reaction score
did u notice quite a bit much more power after putting this on because i think this will be my next mod for my car, i just got those bbk headers so i just want my beast to breatthhhh

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
well my PI intake was put on the same time a upper elbow and tb was, so yes I noticed a nice improvement but I had two other parts than just the intake.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
AmericanStang said:
okay cool cuz i think i am gunna order mine from the same place u got urs

I got mine about two years ago and it cost me 650, but the install is a breeze

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
no not really, just make sure when your lining up the plates with the heads/intake you get it nice and even/straight

OP
OP
A

AmericanStang

Reaction score
if i have my mechanic do it what should i expect for the price of the install, prices very but what should it be arounddddd

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
AmericanStang said:
if i have my mechanic do it what should i expect for the price of the install, prices very but what should it be arounddddd

swapping a 4.6 intake is no big deal, for me even though I got a GREAT price because of being personal friends with the owner of the speed-shop I paid 200 for the total bill it may cost you a little more but I would not think a lot more. Just for reference we called the local competitor and he wanted 325 to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online