2-row vs 3-row radiators

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not having overheating issues at all, but I’m starting to lean towards 100k and I’m willing to bet the original radiator is in there. So, this got me to wondering: what’s the best radiator set up, 2- or 3-row? Fins? Fans? Brands??And what combo or combos are ideal for a street driven, moderately modified 5.0 with a manual transmission?

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
You won't be needing a full race radiator like the Kenny Brown version. Even a stock replacement will work. But if you just want more peace of mind, any aftermarket unit will work. I've found that Mishimoto radiators with the floating mounts last the longest, but that's just my experience.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
True dat, Scott! I’m just doing some “just in case” research and info-seeking. ++

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You won't be needing a full race radiator like the Kenny Brown version. Even a stock replacement will work. But if you just want more peace of mind, any aftermarket unit will work. I've found that Mishimoto radiators with the floating mounts last the longest, but that's just my experience.
I’ve also heard good things about the Mishimoto. I already have their upper radiator hose and thermostat mounted up. The Mishimoto is a 2-row.

Pallgor

Reaction score
I just replaced my radiator because of torque flexing cracks. I use a mishimoto because of their flexibility bracket. So far so good

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I just replaced my radiator because of torque flexing cracks. I use a mishimoto because of their flexibility bracket. So far so good
Thanks, Pallgor! Does their flexibility bracket come with the radiator or do you have to buy it separately? Pictures??

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
If it ain’t broke don’t fix it . My car was fine with the stock radiator , basic heads cam intake supercharged setup . Only reason I switched out the rad is i got it for a killer price new in the box .

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If it ain’t broke don’t fix it . My car was fine with the stock radiator , basic heads cam intake supercharged setup . Only reason I switched out the rad is i got it for a killer price new in the box .
What did you get?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
just the sve one from lmr . My friend who lives close to me had it so I grabbed it . 100 degree days my car might see 200*

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
just the sve one from lmr . My friend who lives close to me had it so I grabbed it . 100 degree days my car might see 200*
The SVE is a 3-core, right? Now, after a touch of research, am I to understand that 3 doesn’t necessarily mean better than 2-core

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
The floating mounts should come with the Mishimoto radiator.

What's better than core count is surface area of the fins as well as how many passes the main jacket undergoes inside the fins. That's why the Kenny Brown radiator is probably the most hardcore out of any of them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online