2000 GT, Another sn95?

d.garza18

Reaction score
yeah depends on how you look at it. the one i had needed head/piston and maybe cylinder work. so..

just received this stuff yesterday. been finding good deals online lately. :)
View attachment 9473 View attachment 9474
Coming along!! Boss rods are a great option as well! I passed on a nice teksid block sometime ago from my local pull a apart. Definitely would love to do one some day

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
Coming along!! Boss rods are a great option as well! I passed on a nice teksid block sometime ago from my local pull a apart. Definitely would love to do one some day

yeah i was headed the boss rod route but found the manley's for the same price i would have paid for the boss and they're a bit stronger.

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
2DB58483-CDBD-41C2-92C0-7948D8997A8F.jpeg 4E1A1D7D-1D66-4B72-8A5D-D60A89CD85B5.jpeg Been spending some cash lately. Spring needs to come so I can get some things put together. I’m going have the oz wheels powdered. Not a fan of them white and it’s a shitty paint by some dumb ass before.

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
bought a couple things this week for the build. also really needed a clutch adjustment, so i thought i'd do it right.
upload_2021-4-16_11-8-50.png
upload_2021-4-16_11-9-29.png

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
looks my short block build is starting to kick into gear. i have all the parts now just need to drop it off at the machine shop. pistons, crank, rods etc. are all ready to go. Oh and i found a nice ported eaton that hasn't been run yet to use. IMG-2115.JPG IMG-2116.JPG IMG-2117.JPG

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
i am all over the place right now with which power adder i want to go with. I have ON3 turbo on the mind now. I really wanted to go turbo from the start but talked myself out of it thinking i couldn't make it work with emissions here, but i'm changing my mind. Also been looking at the setup for the turbo and its really not as messy as i thought. I'm finding that turbos are typically cheaper to upgrade over a positive displacement setup.

just a pic i found on one of the ON3 forums of a 2v setup.

on3 turbo engine tubing.jpg

joemomma

Reaction score
Turbo seems to be the ticket for "bigger" power cheaper than a SC, at least from what little research I've done.

Venompower

Reaction score
i am all over the place right now with which power adder i want to go with. I have ON3 turbo on the mind now. I really wanted to go turbo from the start but talked myself out of it thinking i couldn't make it work with emissions here, but i'm changing my mind. Also been looking at the setup for the turbo and its really not as messy as i thought. I'm finding that turbos are typically cheaper to upgrade over a positive displacement setup.

just a pic i found on one of the ON3 forums of a 2v setup.

View attachment 10330
I'd have to see a different angle but changing your serpentine belt looks awful lol.

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
I'd have to see a different angle but changing your serpentine belt looks awful lol.
this is true. it is tight between the fan and front of the engine. but at least its in front. lol..i have a turbo VW that has the turbo in back behind the motor below the fire wall. that sucks.

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
so yeah this project is off to someone else. Made the decision based on what i was going to be putting into the car and realizing it makes more sense in my mind to go to a cobra or mach 1. I'll have a forged shortblock and some good suspension parts to go on one.

Venompower

Reaction score
so yeah this project is off to someone else. Made the decision based on what i was going to be putting into the car and realizing it makes more sense in my mind to go to a cobra or mach 1. I'll have a forged shortblock and some good suspension parts to go on one.

Do you have a buyer lined up, or just made the decision to sell? When do you think you'll find the Mach or Cobra?

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
Do you have a buyer lined up, or just made the decision to sell? When do you think you'll find the Mach or Cobra?

I sold it with in 4 hours of posting it. surprised me. I sold at $6k. the engine had 202k and really needed a transplant or rebuild. That's what made me decide to look for something a little upgraded.

i'm looking all over the place for a New Edge Cobra or Mach 1. Prices are stupid now like everything else. Even just finding something near $10k is tough. I'd prefer a Mach but would also take a clean 99-01 Cobra. I'll be do an eaton swap on whatever i end up with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online