2000GT vs1995GT

scootin95gts

Reaction score
Okay there a kid in town with a 00GT with i believe just flows on it. and i was wondering if i was to race him do i have a chance of winning? On my 5.0 so far i got flows,o/f h-pipe,underdrive pulleys,egr and smog del,frpp 9mm wires,cai,short throw and king cobra clutch....

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scootin95gts said:
Okay there a kid in town with a 00GT with i believe just flows on it. and i was wondering if i was to race him do i have a chance of winning? On my 5.0 so far i got flows,o/f h-pipe,underdrive pulleys,egr and smog del,frpp 9mm wires,cai,short throw and king cobra clutch....

hmmm could be a drivers race, the PI gt's are pretty quick with a driver worth a damn. On the other hand in the hands of a piss poor driver they are not any better than a 215hp 94-95 GT. You have a small amount of hp over stock and that shifter will make for quicker shifts so :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: sounds like a good race to me.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
hmmm could be a drivers race, the PI gt's are pretty quick with a driver worth a damn. On the other hand in the hands of a piss poor driver they are not any better than a 215hp 94-95 GT. You have a small amount of hp over stock and that shifter will make for quicker shifts so :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: sounds like a good race to me.

thats 215 at the flywheel, with his mods he has no chance unless the kid cant drive.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I dunno. I'm running low 14s with just filter and catback. you have a lot more mods than me, so... Better hope he doesn't have more than flows :dunno:

97vertstang

Reaction score
is it a stick coupe??? if its a 5 speed coupe HE will take u. if its a 5 speed vert or a auto coupe it will be a good race.if its a auto vert u will kick hes ass.

GDawg

Reaction score
Driver has a lot to do with it. When my pony was a stock 225hp I did beat a couple 99+ but also lost to a few too.

OP
OP
S

scootin95gts

Reaction score
well i got the driving part down and i think im better than him at that so it pretty much comes down to the car. should be getting some bbk shorties in a month or so and then after that maybe some rear upper and lowers

The Green GT

Reaction score
I SMOKED a '00+ GT with my '94 REALLY bad.

But it was a vert, and im assuming it was an auto. :)

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Speaking of 99+ verts, I ran against one at the drag stip. Both of the cars were completely stock back then. This guy had 02+ I assume, because the car also had factory bullitts, but it was a vert and auto. We ran identlical times. If I would have gotten a better launch, I would have stopmed him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online