2004 convertible seats in 94 convertible

Discussion in 'Exterior and Interior' started by mustanggarage, Oct 4, 2016.

1. mustanggarage

mustanggarage New Member

Hello. On my white convertible I need to do something with the seats. I found a guy locally that has a set of nice leather 2004 mustang convertible seats for sale front and rear. I know the seat belt mounting points are different, and I can always just swap the seats to my current slider frames but I am mostly wondering if the rear seats on a 2004 are interchangeable with a 94. I always see 94-04 when I am looking for upholstery etc. so does anyone know if they will fit without much modification? if it will require too much modification I will just upholster what I have.

2. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member Admin SN95 Supporter

the rear seats 94-04 are interchangeable vert to vert/ coupe to coupe from what I have looked at.

3. Tally_4.6

Tally_4.6 Well-Known Member

These are in my '98. Only necessary modification is the power seat harness.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4. mustanggarage

mustanggarage New Member

thanks for the response. I went ahead and bought them, interestingly the front seats in my car were obviously from a later model car, they obviously didn't match the back seats. that was why I wanted new ones. anyway the seat wiring harness was already modified. the 2004 seats were a direct bolt in, with the exception of drilling 2 holes for the rear seat back anchors.

old
    [​IMG]

new

[​IMG]