2v teksid build almost ready to fire

f8l gt

Reaction score
It's been a rocky road with this build, but hoping to fire it up soon. Last fire up resulted in no oil pressure in left head. Found sludge blockage in oil port behind left tensioner. Now that it's all cleared up, she's almost ready to fire. Working on extending the wiring harness to hide it under the Edelbrock intake

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Yes, they are sprayed synergy green and dipped in reaper print

WOW thats awesome! I still am at awe about how amazing these things turn out. I want to see it done in person some time. Great addition to the appearance of a killer motor!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
How about some back story on this thing? I would love to see what the build consists of. Very nicely done, by the way.

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to see that youre posting progress. I was wondering where you went, because I was anxious to see how the Teksid build was turning out and what numbers you will turn at the track with it. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
f8l gt

f8l gt

Reaction score
How about some back story on this thing? I would love to see what the build consists of. Very nicely done, by the way.
Some of the story is in here. Was basically a budget build. Original plan was to only have $1k or less out of pocket into the engine. Basically a teksid short block with pi heads that are slightly polished, cams spec'd to the build and what I want out of it at the track

http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?t=65638
Glad to see that youre posting progress. I was wondering where you went, because I was anxious to see how the Teksid build was turning out and what numbers you will turn at the track with it. Keep us posted.
After the disappointment with the oil pressure issue I decided to leave it be for a while. Then winter hit and I said hell with it

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Nice work on the combustion chambers! I see you have guidance...??

Glad youre moving along! Those covers look trick!

OP
OP
f8l gt

f8l gt

Reaction score
Nice work on the combustion chambers! I see you have guidance...??

Glad youre moving along! Those covers look trick!
I guess you could say that. Pretty much grew up in my dad's shop building drag cars, hot rods, engines, and at the strip. My junk does not compare to his lol

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Feel that! Those bad memories will fade the first time you initiate the tires!....now hurry up!

OP
OP
f8l gt

f8l gt

Reaction score
I think hurrying is what got me into that situation in the first place lol

OP
OP
f8l gt

f8l gt

Reaction score
Got some fittings today to make the fuel system full loop instead of dead heading after frps on drivers side rail

OP
OP
f8l gt

f8l gt

Reaction score
Working in the engine harness.

Barely made a dent in it

That's a lot of crap

AC compressor wires gone

Still have a lot to go

OP
OP
f8l gt

f8l gt

Reaction score
Rest of my fittings and hoses showed up today to finish the fuel system. Waiting on another harness I got from NA SVT to finish my engine harness extension. Since I have another harness coming, I might nice the connection from behind right strut tower to under the dash.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online