2v teksid build almost ready to fire

OP
OP
f8l gt

f8l gt

Reaction score
Well, fuel routing didn't go as I planned so I need to order a few more fittings.. Just another little set back.

OP
OP
f8l gt

f8l gt

Reaction score
Should finish up the wire extensions tonight, then wait for the new cops to get here. That's about all I have left

OP
OP
f8l gt

f8l gt

Reaction score
Got a little more to do and the wiring its finished.

OP
OP
f8l gt

f8l gt

Reaction score
Started the car, had same issue as I had last fall when I started it which sounds like lash adjusters clanging. Pulled valve covers and started it, she's getting plenty of oil up top. With covers off it sounded like it might be deeper. So I grabbed the bore scope from my dad's shop and I'll pull the plugs and take a peak to see if the valves are hitting the pistons.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Did you check the lash amount? What cams are you running? Did you have any valve seat work done?

OP
OP
f8l gt

f8l gt

Reaction score
No there was no valve seat work other than lapping the new valves. Cams are from bullet racing with new cores, not regrinds.

OP
OP
f8l gt

f8l gt

Reaction score
Yup, wasn't even engine related. Counterweight on my dual friction pressure plate came loose and was hitting clutch fork

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Yup, wasn't even engine related. Counterweight on my dual friction pressure plate came loose and was hitting clutch fork

Oh cool! that's great, I'm waiting for some more videos of this thing. You got any plans of getting it on a dyno?

OP
OP
f8l gt

f8l gt

Reaction score
Eventually it'll see some numbers. Note I just need to get it tuned before it runs anymore. Dumping too much fuel out the exhaust

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online

No members online now.