2v vs 4v For High HP Daily

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I think it would be more beneficial to invest in adjustable timing components then cams as well. I would avoid adjustable primaries they scare me. But secondaries (I think MMR makes some) and adjustable crank sprockets. Fresh springs, lifters, and gt500 followers.

No doubt I plan to rebuild the internal components, for instance with high boost levels I'm definitely going to upgrade the valve springs to a stiffer spring. I'll have to price out the other internal parts. I've never thought about running adjustable gears, they've always seemed so incredibly complicated IMO. I'm not a moron, I just simply don't have any 4v timing experience. And I've only timed one 2v. But I'm sure with the help of the local tuner (who happens to be a friend of mine) I'll be able to figure it out.

If im thinking right...and im a little twisted at times....but their is more valve clearance with the B heads than the C heads, being able to run more cam timing BTDC on intake and exhaust. Also be sure you do have cobra heads and not the lincolns. The pre-97 lincolnheads valve guides are smaller and the valve seals sold anywhere will not match the heads. Even felpro has them listed the same as cobra. If used they will leak. Youll need lincoln pre-94 valve seals and expect to pay $130 for 2heads

You might be thinking right there bud as I've heard something similar at one time or another.. And my heads are off a continental, however the date on them is late 96, which I would take as a 97 model year. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. Ironically the wire harness's and ecu I have are off a late 96 cobra, which the guy said was a 97 model year. So in that aspect I think I'll be okay. But good tip, thanks. I'll keep that in mind when rebuilding them

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online