350 vs 4.6

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Maybe those mods helped him out...as far as I know those older model camaros were slow as hell stock...like mid 15s.

A stock 96-98 5 speed should beat that.

mellor_21

Reaction score
moot09 said:
yah dont fret it man. my first race with my car was an 01 z28 and i thought id get him cuz i have a 5 speed and exhaust and intake while he just had an auto. boy was i wrong lol
yeah a good friend of mine has one.. those bastards will kill a gt lol but my other friend had a cobra and they made a good race out of it

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
mellor_21 said:
moot09 said:
yah dont fret it man. my first race with my car was an 01 z28 and i thought id get him cuz i have a 5 speed and exhaust and intake while he just had an auto. boy was i wrong lol
yeah a good friend of mine has one.. those bastards will kill a gt lol but my other friend had a cobra and they made a good race out of it

Anyone know the difference between the SS and the Z28 LS1s?

mellor_21

Reaction score
performance wise the ss has a dif intake and gets 5 hp out of it.. according to my friend anyway. camaros suck anyway, if your not cobra you better have a ws6

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
mellor_21 said:
performance wise the ss has a dif intake and gets 5 hp out of it.. according to my friend anyway. camaros suck anyway, if your not cobra you better have a ws6

man, i wanted a WS6. but they are pricey...

mellor_21

Reaction score
but totally badass, if i went gm that or a vette are all i'd get i wouldnt waste my time with a maro pos

GDawg

Reaction score
Gotta love the older -maros... they are not fast. I had no problem with them when I was stock. :coolsmiley:

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
mellor_21 said:

different intake and exhaust(cat-back), bigger front sway bar and stiffer shocks/struts and springs on SS, , and the much lighter hood and power steering cooler on the SS, and of course SS badges and bodykit. that add 40hp.

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
mellor_21 said:
not bad. so whats quicker out of a stock ss and a stock sn95 cobra?

stock for stock it'd probably be down to a driver's match.

98COBRA_MIKE

Reaction score
the 88 camaro had a tuned port 350...pretty slow like everyone said, mid-high 15 sec car at best. my buddy had a 86 with a 350 swap bored .30 over so it was a 355 with heads intake and bolt ons, fully built auto trans with 3500rpm stall and 3.73 gears and he beat me in my cobra by a car, back when i had only exhaust.....sad if you ask me

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
realitygt said:
mellor_21 said:
not bad. so whats quicker out of a stock ss and a stock sn95 cobra?

stock for stock it'd probably be down to a driver's match.

Doubt it...a stock camaro ss will beat a stock 94-98 cobra...with equal drivers, the catfish will still pull up top.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Willis_98GT said:
most camaro drivers are cocky bastards.. the best ones to smoke.

lol...I agree...but you should remember that any newer camaro with an ls1 is a mid 13 second car from the factory and they usually run 12s all day around here with bullshit bolt ons...so unless your blown or puttin out some serious n/a power they will beat you.

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
i understand that thanks, however its the people without the ls1s are the ones who think they put out the serious n/a power...

thus being the cocky bastards :thumb:

catfish..

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Both my SN and my 5.0 Fox were mid to low 15 second car's also.

Hell I have a 5.0 coupe with a pile of bolt ons and 3:73's that runs 14.20's. 1/4 mile times don't bear all the weight people think they do.

turbo80lxcoupe

Reaction score
i have raced to f-bodys with my npi lost to one and beat the other,one was a purple 97 firebird with a 6sp car is a busted pile,ill post a pic next time i see that car.but i was behind him cause he is always trying to call me out,so i followed him and he decided to drop a gear and get on it,but i easily went around him.and no it wasint a 6 banger.the other one was a bone stock 01 z28 it didnt destroy me to bad,

topping973

Reaction score
turbo80lxcoupe said:
i have raced to f-bodys with my npi lost to one and beat the other,one was a purple 97 firebird with a 6sp car is a busted pile,ill post a pic next time i see that car.but i was behind him cause he is always trying to call me out,so i followed him and he decided to drop a gear and get on it,but i easily went around him.and no it wasint a 6 banger.the other one was a bone stock 01 z28 it didnt destroy me to bad,

You've got to stop smoking that crack cocaine....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online