4.6 2 valve BBK long tube- will tranny come out?

thomsenski

Reaction score
I have a 96 GT with bbk long tube headers, my clutch is well bad to say the least, somewhere i thought ive heard that in order to get the trans out you have to take the headers off?? anyone done this or any idea if i would have to dont want to get everything unbolted and find out wont fit? so any advise i would be thankful.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
with a tubed k-member it should not be that drastic. i have QA1 k-member, longtubes and a tko with lakewood bellhousing. its not too bad on a lift.

OP
OP
T

thomsenski

Reaction score
well i have the stock k member at this time and trying to figure out if i have to pull one of the headsers i was going to rbuy a tubed k-member thats more along the lines of what im trying to find out.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
more then likely yes. depends on the design. having the tubed k-member gives a ton more clearance. IF my exhaust bolts come loose its no time to tighten them now.

cmsismyname

Reaction score
BBK longtubes have to be removed to take the tranny off because the passenger side header wraps around the bell housing so
you will have to somehow move it out the way to pull the tranny out

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
I got mine out.. twice

i have mac long tubes which are the same design, you just have to rotate the transmission counterclockwise as you come backwards off the motor.

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
Javi said:
remove the passenger side only.

+1 just remove the passenger side. The primaries run right over I believe 2 of the trans bolts which makes it nearly impossible to fit a tool on the bolt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online