4v heads + 383motor = B.S.?????

95PGTTech

Reaction score
You do realize you just completely agreed with my reasoning, correct?

LS1 in a Mustang versus 4.6L DOHC in a Mustang versus LS1 in a Camaro:

Better looking.
Nicer interior.
Nearly 200lbs. lighter than factory. Off the front axle. I can't tell you how important this is to a road race car.
Smaller motor means more in-car service, easier to service/diagnose at the track/during a race.
T56.
More usable powerband for road-race application.
Makes more power without F/I, a big road-race headache.
Easily takes to aftermarket modifications.
Better technology, while being simpler, more reliable.
Direct bolt in swap.
Huge parts aftermarket and tuning base.
Cheaper than upgrading to built Mach1 4.6L DOHC, T56.

And, as is most important to me.
FASTER.
Much, much, faster.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Mr.Bolt-on said:
does not mean that I do not have evidence to support my opinion.

When I voice my opinion I expect others to be offended, because the majority of people do not expect their opinion to be challenged.

First... Evidence to support your opinion is an oxymoron... Your opinion is indeed, your opinion, not a fact nor a statement thereof, simply an opinion. I know we have member's from all over teh world, but I'm from America, where everyone has aright to their opinion no matter how retarded it is, like Earth First.

Second, your opinion, is actually probably the mojority on this subject...and yet, you are putting a CHEVROLET motor in your PONTIAC under the guise of it all being "GM" when Pontiac did indeed make a motor, and in many ways a superior one at that specifically for your car.... So in the case I can argue that 95GTTECH is putting an American motor in his American car, therefore it's ok....

If mixing and matching never happened, then Hot Rodding would have never happened, trial and error and learning are part of the game. I guess my grandpa's Hemi powered Anglia should have never been, because that had a firebreathing .9 liter engine stock, a flathead would have moved it nicely... A 392 Hemi moved it so much better though.

95PGTTech

Reaction score
When I voice my opinion I expect others to be offended, because the majority of people do not expect their opinion to be challenged.

Or because you say stuff just to try and get a rise out of people.
Seems you do follow the beaten path, with all those rare mods you have in your sig there.

Hush hush little sheep, the big boys are going faster.

95PGTTech

Reaction score
ah, I was sitting here like...his sentence sounds like he's trying to prove me wrong, but he's just restating what my reasoning for the swap was already. WTF.

LOL
now I get it
LOL

Mr.Bolt-on

Reaction score
No actually swapping an older carbed 350/ newer LS1 into a mustang is following the crowd down here in my part of the world. So from my perspective 95tech, you would be the sheep, because you followed one the most commonly done swaps in my area. I think it's extremely sheepish, because I personally see it ALL the time.

My 1969 pontiac Firebird is only 1 of 2 in the area that I live in. The other is an original 6 cylinder convertible. Yes J.R. there is no guise, it's just the truth that pontiac and chevrolet are both GM's. You cannot get around that fact. I see no problem with putting a lincoln, or mercury engine into any Ford, simply because they are Fords also. You cannot get around that Fact either, because it is not opinion, it is just a FACT of life.

Again. I say it is not a sin to company mesh, I just said it's technically wrong, and I'm sticking to my guns. You can get offended all you want but thats what HotRodding is all about. Which you so happily pointed out...again. Again, It is my opinion that I don't like certain swaps because they are purpose defeating, and that is my opinion.

I don't open up a Pontiac Performance book and expect to see Ford 5.0 and Ford 427 builds in it. I expect to see mostly pontiac and GM builds. Same way with a Ford Performance Book. Now if I picked up a HotRodding magazine, then I would expect to see GM motors being put into Fords, and vice-versa. Now, it's my opinion that I personally do not like GM motors being put into Fords, simply because it is done all the time.

I am also not bragging about my 5.0 bolt-on mustang, actually I know it's not unique...yet, but swapping an LS1 or LSX into it would not necessarilly be unique. Well, an LSX would be unique, because I personally have not seen it done like the overkilled LS1 swap. I just think swapping an LS1 into a Mustang is dumb, simply because I'm biased. That's my opinion, and it would be my opinion wether I lived in a country that gave me the freedom to speak as I do or not. If anyone tried to hinder my God given freedoms...not constitution given freedoms, then I would have to fight to the death regardless like so many people have done in times past.

This can go in real deep, Any of you think a constitution is the only thing thats keeping your opinion or freedom to speak safe??? I can go very in depth on this if any so wish. Now, if you think I'm a tree humping, liberal Obama supporting Atheistic minded dim-wit like the majority of the limp wristed Americans I see, then you would be wrong. Also this would be the wrong section to talk about this in too. I'm in the minority, and I don't loose any sleep over a frivolous matter like swapping GM motors into Fords.

But alas, I will just have to defeat 95tech with my puny sheepish little 5.0 when I'm done building it, since clearly by his wording people who have LS1 swapped mustangs are the big boys, and the car they drive defines who they are.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
I don't care what you own, firebird, camaro, mustang, all of them will be a sheep. Your pontiac have the 455? If it does then oh wow, how unique, not. Theres no way in hell you will be the only one in the world with your car the way it is. All will be the same in some way or another. Unless you build a one off, completely custom motor and car, you will be just another sheep also.

Your dancing in circles cowboy.

Mr.Bolt-on

Reaction score
Yes Steven, I'm glad your finally realizing this, because the Bible clearly says that there is nothing new under the sun, and no I was not the one who started calling people sheep. So it would be you who needs to look at who you are trying to defend, and your reasons for doing so.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
If your so worried about being the same then why do anything? Keep the car stock and you'd be original LOL

Mr.Bolt-on

Reaction score
Yes, I admit life is full of contradictions, and I certainly have made some of my own. LOL

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
if you go through life worrying about being unoriginal, then you will be just that, unoriginal. If you take the time and apply yourself you can come up with your own look to your car that probably no one has.

95PGTTech

Reaction score
Mr.Bolt-on said:
No actually swapping an older carbed 350/ newer LS1 into a mustang is following the crowd down here in my part of the world. So from my perspective 95tech, you would be the sheep, because you followed one the most commonly done swaps in my area. I think it's extremely sheepish, because I personally see it ALL the time.

My 1969 pontiac Firebird is only 1 of 2 in the area that I live in. The other is an original 6 cylinder convertible. Yes J.R. there is no guise, it's just the truth that pontiac and chevrolet are both GM's. You cannot get around that fact. I see no problem with putting a lincoln, or mercury engine into any Ford, simply because they are Fords also. You cannot get around that Fact either, because it is not opinion, it is just a FACT of life.

Again. I say it is not a sin to company mesh, I just said it's technically wrong, and I'm sticking to my guns. You can get offended all you want but thats what HotRodding is all about. Which you so happily pointed out...again. Again, It is my opinion that I don't like certain swaps because they are purpose defeating, and that is my opinion.

I don't open up a Pontiac Performance book and expect to see Ford 5.0 and Ford 427 builds in it. I expect to see mostly pontiac and GM builds. Same way with a Ford Performance Book. Now if I picked up a HotRodding magazine, then I would expect to see GM motors being put into Fords, and vice-versa. Now, it's my opinion that I personally do not like GM motors being put into Fords, simply because it is done all the time.

I am also not bragging about my 5.0 bolt-on mustang, actually I know it's not unique...yet, but swapping an LS1 or LSX into it would not necessarilly be unique. Well, an LSX would be unique, because I personally have not seen it done like the overkilled LS1 swap. I just think swapping an LS1 into a Mustang is dumb, simply because I'm biased. That's my opinion, and it would be my opinion wether I lived in a country that gave me the freedom to speak as I do or not. If anyone tried to hinder my God given freedoms...not constitution given freedoms, then I would have to fight to the death regardless like so many people have done in times past.

This can go in real deep, Any of you think a constitution is the only thing thats keeping your opinion or freedom to speak safe??? I can go very in depth on this if any so wish. Now, if you think I'm a tree humping, liberal Obama supporting Atheistic minded dim-wit like the majority of the limp wristed Americans I see, then you would be wrong. Also this would be the wrong section to talk about this in too. I'm in the minority, and I don't loose any sleep over a frivolous matter like swapping GM motors into Fords.

But alas, I will just have to defeat 95tech with my puny sheepish little 5.0 when I'm done building it, since clearly by his wording people who have LS1 swapped mustangs are the big boys, and the car they drive defines who they are.

Big boys are the racers, killer. Really, you have LS1 Mustangs growing on trees down there, huh? Because there are nine now on the LS1tech forums with picture proof, which has the single largest LS1 transplant community on the internet currently, over a thousand members registered with LS1 swaps. I have seen one Fox LS1 in real life in all the shows I've been to.

As far as anyone can prove or claims to have seen, I am the first SN95 Cobra, and possibly the first Cobra of any kind, to receive any kind of LS1 based swap. There are two or three SN95 and New Edge six cylinder swaps for pure racecars. Baaaaaa. Baaaaaaa. Baaaaa.

What's next for your Mustang? Bullitt replica wheels?

Mr.Bolt-on

Reaction score
No you aren't 95pgtech, your just trying to justify your measily cars existance. Quite frankly I already have Bullit replica wheels on my car, and they sure look a hell of alot better to me than those fugly plain ass 03-04 cobra rims... Baaa Baaa BAAa yourself. It seems you don't understand your contradicting yourself with those statements.

You also don't understand that if you don't have a Ford powered Ford, then truly your cobra isn't a Ford at heart, because I couldn't give a rats ass who you beat or compete with because your swap defeats the purpose of building a Ford in the first place. Bwahahah 9 sheep fo teh flock.... funny, and very contradicting to say your so unique.

I race my car too, would you like to compete with my 5.Ho after it's complete??? Or would loosing to a sheepish 5.0 hurt your tiny feelings??? .... oh wait..." thousands of members with LS1 swaps" ah yes, sounds like a rather huge flock to me....

Remember, you still are not the fastest sheep in the field. You can bragg about you and your LS1 being the hottest shit on planet earth, but I can guarantee you that you will absolutely get your ass handed to you if you race it long enough. Remember pride comes before the fall, and I hope you realize this before you make an ass out of yourself on the actual drag strip, or road course itself.

I'm also suprised you admit to only getting 600hp out the 4.6, because to tell you the truth, thats lame as hell to just quit and say.... duuuhhhhrr I cants got no furder. I'm just gonna put one of dem dur GM motors in my Cobra, so I can actually compete... Thats sad actually, and a bit lazy. How fast do you want to go???? 600hp can get you into low 10's. What do you want??? An unstreetable track only toy???

I admit to not being the best in the world, I admit my car is not nor will it ever be the best in the world. I do adimt that it has the potential to be viable competition some day, and my goals are different than yours. I admit that there will be people who utterly hate my stance and the very air I breathe. I admit that I will continue to point out what I see as dumb and pointless. If I judge then I must be prepared to be judged. Thats life, and I've grown accustomed to it.

So to what point will you go to prove to the whole world that your Ford has not just been de-mascualted of it's Fordness, only to be made a suck-up to it's own competition.... GM.

Personally I'm a GM and a Ford guy, but you know what.. When I build a Ford, I don't build a GM, and when I build a GM I don't build a Ford. That is who I am, and If you don't like being beat by Fords with Ford motors, then thats fine, just be prepared because they are out there.

Mr.Bolt-on

Reaction score
Anyways, I'm through beating this dead horse, I've got my opinion, and others have theirs. When It comes to engine swaps between Fords, and GM's. Then we will just have to agree to disagree.

Mr.Bolt-on

Reaction score
Arrrggg I contradicted myself again by posting in this thread again, but oh well I'm human. I just realized 95tech was not the one who was pushing 600hp with his 4.6, that was BigTang. Woops my bad. I guess 95tech didn't really get that far with his 4.6 after all, or did you???

95PGTTech

Reaction score
I made 330whp on 103 octane.

long tubes
o/r x
borla side exit catback
03-04 COPs
ngk plugs
meziere dampener
underdrive pullies
electric water pump
canton oil pan and crank scraper
jlt fenderwell intake
90mm LMAF
na svt shortrunner intake and IMRC deletes
accufab throttle body

As far as I know, that's a whp record for a B-headed Cobra with stock internals, heads, and cams. For shits and giggles I hit it with 150 wet shot on the street.

What's pathetic is that this huge, heavy motor is less powerful than the LS1 I put in the car with bare minimums...LTs, catted X, same catback, cold air intake, 93 octane tune I guarantee is going to beat 330whp. Without even touching the H/C/I, LOL!

For what it's worth...

I run BBS RKs with BFG R1s at the track. R1s don't fare well on the street. The 03-04's were a cheap replacement that had driveable tires that cleared my big front brakes. My possible wheel selection is limited.

If there are so many LS1 Cobras out there, let's see em.

I don't think I'm the fastest out there, I gave my reasons for what I did, which ultimately came out to money and which makes a better race powerplant for the road course, and why you're an idiot. I don't want to race what your 5.0 will be in your wildest pipe dreams in a million years with a million more dollars and talent than you have, I want to race my junk against your junk, now, and shut you up.

That's if your junk didn't go flying off into the sand on turn one, roll ten times, and kill its passengers. Let me guess, you've got some Steeda springs and Tokico shocks like every single other person and you think it's a Miata now.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am not a big fan of swapping an LS1 engine into a Cobra. Why? Because it is a Cobra. IMO you are taking away from the value of the car by swapping a LS1 into a Cobra. As we all know the Cobra is a limitted production car, and again IMO should be kept as a 4.6 4V engine.

That would be like me swapping my Mach1 engine into a 1968GT, where there were only about 7 thousand made. Not my 1966 coup where there were hundreds of thousands made.

Go stick that LS1 engine in a GT all day long, there are 10's of thousands of GT's out there. There are are only a couple thousand Cobra's.

Thats how I look at it.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
^ I KINDA agree with that, but on the flip side, the fact that it is a limited production car and prolly the only one with a LS1 is pretty interesting. It'd be a little diffrent if he was throwing something stupid in it (6cylinder, plain jane Chevy 350, you get the idea) but I think a LS1 is nice enough to sit in the engine bay.

95PGTTech

Reaction score
There were a couple thousands SN95 Cobras produced. And among Cobras, it really is the laughingstock of the bunch. Its value falls ever year, and unless it's in a wrapper with zero miles on it, the value will never grow back.

Mr.Bolt-on

Reaction score
95pgttech, please, If I'm an idiot, then that would make you the equivalent of an enema. Understand that the cobras value will most likely go up in the next 20 years, like every other special model car. Same with the beautifully designed LS1 Trans-ams. You just totally crapped out your cars value, and are doing a sorry job of justifiying it.

You want to race my car now, so that you can prove to me that you beat an almost stock 5.0 mustang. Uh huh... I can see where this is going. You pick on who you know you can beat, but you sure as hell don't want to mess with anything your on size... oh I get it.

Your logic is quite simple and it goes like this: That man and his stupid slow ass 5.0, I'll teach him to shut up wit my LS1 powah... cuz cuz, I zuh knows money and the faster car always = brains...

Your also still ranting that I actually give a damn about being unique, well if I was so worried about that I'd just get a LS1 Trans-am, and throw a SOHC Ford 427 in it, and be the damnest, most coolest, and respected turd on the street like you and your LS1 swapped Cobra.

Yes, I've seen your kind, and their always trying to get the uttmost respect from other people, because if they don't they'll shrivel up into a pimply prune.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.