5.0L or 4.6L - Which One?

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
If you don't know, then don't spread misinformation.

Saying there's nothing "highly distinctive" between the Coyote and Roadrunner is like saying the Lincoln Mark VIII motor is the same as the '03 Cobra.

actually, thats not misinformation. misinformation would be specs way off the grid or telling someone that they have a bad timing belts cause their car is surging. i'm not here to get in an internet debacle over some specs. however read here:
http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2013_MustangBoss_Specs.pdf

i will admit there are some knick-knack items deleted and given between the both. technically yes theres differences. yes i know you're saying i'm right. CNC ported heads, lighter valve train and Cams. yes agreed, there are changes. however, its still the same engine as the coyote. the biggest change was in the intake manifold to get it to huff and puff in the upper RPMs. It has a larger plenum and shorter runners. we know how intakes work. My first statement still stands. its all in the matter of how you view it. you can see this in a pompous kind of guy way or it could make sense. let it be known i'm not insulting you. that's not my objective.

no matter how we look at an 03/04 cobra engine. remove the supercharger and its still a 4.6. beefier yes but none the less the same shit. its all semantics.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
so...

03/04 without blower = same 4.6....

roadrunner without intake manifold = same coyote?

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
You're right, all different internals, different heads, different cams, and different intake - they sound like EXACTLY THE SAME MOTOR!

*rolleyes*

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
:happy1:

"Coming this fall to a theater near you....

Two veterans fighting it out in the public arena. Only one will survive with their dignity in tact...

One's a young black kid from Compton looking to make it big in the fighting ring... His friends call him Paul -- but his enemies call him... Paul.

The other. An aspiring model turned to a life of pimping out his dog for shots of H. His name is Jason, but on the street he's known as 'V-dog.'

The epic conclusion with make your forehead cave right the **** in.

Don't miss this incredible inspired-by-true-events story coming straight to DVD."

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
yes, sounds very low budget without a chance of success. He can have the battle. i don't need a victory.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican