94-98 front wheels off center?

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
you want the camber plate slid as far towards the rear of the car as possible.

Wait do you mean the studs in the plate slid as far back, or the plate around the studs as far back so the studs are in the front of the slots.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Wait do you mean the studs in the plate slid as far back, or the plate around the studs as far back so the studs are in the front of the slots.

the actual top of the strut, that goes towards the rear of the car (should be the plate towards the rear, studs in the front of the slot).

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
the actual top of the strut, that goes towards the rear of the car (should be the plate towards the rear, studs in the front of the slot).

Yup then I got some adjusting to do right now.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've actually heard slightly more camber on the right side can keep your car from drifting right on a crowned road.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got on a pc. Mine is pretty bad but I feel much more at-peace after reading this thread since it sounds like after an alignment it'll be better, and I plan on throwing control arms on it.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
be careful with that. if your caster is not even side to side your car will pull right/left while braking or accelerating.

It already does that. I figured that's why. They are not in the same location on both sides. Pretty sure the PO had more money than automotive knowledge. The plates that are on there are the SVE almost factory looking plates. Here check this pick out. You can see where they are. Car pulls to the right under braking. Calipers aren't hung up so I thought this could be the other cause of that.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Finally got on a pc. Mine is pretty bad but I feel much more at-peace after reading this thread since it sounds like after an alignment it'll be better, and I plan on throwing control arms on it.

It does look like it gets a lot better once they're lowered.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Messed with my camber and caster a bit today. Still needs some fine tuning but what a difference it makes. Just a tiny quick pull to the right under braking now so I'm gonna mess with some more combos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online