94 GT black - looking for spray can match

RichV

Reaction score
What spraybomb is a good/cheap touch-up for the 94 black? I don't know if there are more than 1 shade, or not. What I need is something to have in the trailer/garage for a touchup. Immediately I need to do the roof, it just has a bunch of oxydation and a sheetmetal panel where a suroof used to be. So I'd like to get a couple of cans and remove the roof side moulding and sand/spray it.

How are the moulding pieces removed (above door windows and around the 1/4 windows)? Do they just snap in? Or are there some screw fasteners?

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
that's gonna be tough. there are def different shades of black. get a deep dark black and it makes the rest of your paint look extremely faded, lol. i'd start with a lighter shade of black first.

i painted my sub enclosures with dupont black and they looked awesome. till i put them in the trunk. the black paint i had on the car looked faded as hell, lmao.

chris91

Reaction score
Most of your automotive paint stores have the ability to put whatever color paint you want into an aerosol spray can. That way you can get a perfect match.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
there are a number of different blacks and us telling you which one will match your 20 yr old paint will work almost as well as having a blind dude match them. Take your car to the store with you and tell the people you are trying to match some paint and they normally will have no problem with you taking the cans out to hold next to the car to match them. This is to say your at vatozone or pepboys that is you can always have a custom matched paint made up.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes like chris said paint shops will usually make a can for you. I got a little touch up paint for my truck in the summer.

As for the trim, those are fun to get to :p theres bolts on the inside that keep them on. I'm not sure what the min interior peices you need to take off to get to them. I gutted my car then took them off.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
rich - SEM makes great products that many body shops including the one im at use......its pretty hard to not be able to find exactly what youre looking for from them

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'll start looking around. I know you can get matched paint, but hey, this ain't no car show. Close is good.

Our rule is simply called the 50/50 rule. The car has to look good from 50 feet at 50mph. :) So you can get away with a lot. I want it to look good in pictures tho, for all the racing magazines and TV cameras I'll be on this year. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online