94 gt slower than it should be?

OP
OP
S

shrades79

Reaction score
"also get some seafoam clean that sucker out."

will seafoam hurt anything how many of you guys sugest this... do you just add it to the gas?

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
A lot of people u it. Most people just find a vacuum line some where on the car and suck it up into the intake some use the pvc some use the brake booster I used some fancy tool that you fill a bottle up with it in it then hook up a vacuum line and it has a bleeder valve for it and a vacuum pressure gage. But any way the car will want to stall out and it will smoke a lot a lot a lot so try not to get the fire department after you. Suck it all up turn the car right off let it sit for a while then turn the car on and keep the rpms up and watch all the trees dye

larry94gt

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
larry94gt said:
AODE cars are just slow. with a typhoon intake, CAI, 75mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1.7 RR, e303 cam, full exhuast, 4.10's, shift kit and a set of ET Drags i stil couldnt get better than a 15.1 @ 94mph with a 2.3 60 foot.

And as far as weight goes 100lbs = 1 tenth in the 1/4

you made no mention of a tq converter so I guess you did not have one...........if you did you could have taken a half second off your et with a properly matched converter for your combo, your 15.1 could have been a 14.6 or so. Not trying to be argumentative just making a point, but I do agree if your automatic is not set up right.......they are SLOW.

No i have a stock converter :( But thats next on my list of mods to come. I actually found out i was having problems with the plug wires i was using...if you looked at my engine in the dark it looked like a lightning storm, plus from reading my plugs it looked like with the mods i have i was running a bit lean....so i got some good MSD wires, Aeromotive AFPR @ 45psi and worked the cobra tune on my w4ho with tweecer rt. Anyway, my car feels a ton better....should at least hit 14's now. PLus ive modified the shift points and added some line pressure for WOT shifts to make them firmer.

OP
OP
S

shrades79

Reaction score
went back to the strip yesterday....first run was a 15.46 @ 88.9mph with a 2.36 60ft. second run was a 15.49 @89.6 and a 2.39 60ft. i pulled the right corner light out on this run. the last run was in the elimination bracket i dialed in at a 15.4 car sat for an hour and a half and i ran a [email protected] with it cold so i broke out. how do my times sound to you guys i still think it should be quicker for the mods i have?

94gtstang50

Reaction score
MSD wires rock, they just fixed my misfire problem, hope to go to the track sometime with the snake.

OP
OP
S

shrades79

Reaction score
im thinking abot some nitrous, my engine has 112k on it how would it hold up... any input please

94gtstang50

Reaction score
My car has the same mileage, also curious about using it at this stage in its life.

Downshift

Reaction score
shrades79 said:
first run was 170rwhp and 220 ft.lb was running really lean fuel pressure was 15! bumped it up to 40 got 180 rwhp 250 ft.lb. .Found out it had an old shitty hypertech chip in it and pulled that and bumped timing up got 198rwhp and 251ft.lb.
Hey when i bought my car the guy said it had a chip in it from the previous owner and he didnt know anything else about it. Where was your chip I dont know where I would find it. I just wanna see if there even is an aftermarket one in there.

OP
OP
S

shrades79

Reaction score
the computer is in the passenger side kick panel jus pull that out and pull the carpet back a little and ull see the computer mounted to the side......if you are gonna remove the chip make sure you disonect the battery

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online