94 gt slower than it should be?

OP
OP
S

shrades79

Reaction score
i was running on 91 octane when i raced, has a pretty agressive shift kit, when i try to shift manually i cant get it to go into drive after second it wont lock in slides right in to nuetral pretty scary sometimes and i had no accessories running except the radio turned way down

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Thats messed up about the shifter thing. Turn off any electrical stuff that you dont need, even run with just your parking lights if its night time. Call me a retarded freak, but after each run I had a bag of ice on the intake to try to cool it and get every ounce of perofrmance out of it. Also had the heat on full blast before and after each run.

T2000

Reaction score
shrades79 said:
two days before i went to the strip i gave it new plugs wires and coil, and cleaned the MAF

i ran 14.5 with similar mods minus the gears (stock)

weird :-\

OP
OP
S

shrades79

Reaction score
cap and rotor had been replaced before i bought the car but i think im jus gonna spend my money at the dyno to get this figured out

Z28 This

Reaction score
shrades79 said:
cap and rotor had been replaced before i bought the car but i think im jus gonna spend my money at the dyno to get this figured out

im a 5 speed guy too and that sounds like the best idea..

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Did you check the cap and rotor to see how worn it is? Everyone says they replace everything when they are selling a car.

Xuzhu

Reaction score
The problem is the auto. There's no way to launch it decent, hence your 60ft time. And if it's shifting at 5k, get a dyno and sct tune on it, have the dude adjust the shift points where your power peaks. It's not going to make much of a difference, but maybe a little.

Xuzhu

Reaction score
Oh and to go into more detail on that.... 95 GT auto convertible. The brakes would hold the car to about 1800rpms, after that it would either push itself forward or spin the tires.

With just 4.10s and mufflers, it went 15.4@really slow

With full exhaust, 4.10s, underdrive pulleys, cai, 75mm tb, trick flow intake, and 75 dry shot of happy gas (and good pressure), 13.8@103-104, 2.2 60 fts. same problem with launching

Same setup with drag radials, 600ish pressure in the bottle, and spraying from the line, 13.7@101, 1.9-2.0 60 fts.

Since then it's been swapped to a tremec 3550, not tested yet, but I'm hoping for good numbers lol. Launching at 5grand should help it alot :noes:

Z28 This

Reaction score
Xuzhu said:
Oh and to go into more detail on that.... 95 GT auto convertible. The brakes would hold the car to about 1800rpms, after that it would either push itself forward or spin the tires.

With just 4.10s and mufflers, it went 15.4@really slow

With full exhaust, 4.10s, underdrive pulleys, cai, 75mm tb, trick flow intake, and 75 dry shot of happy gas (and good pressure), 13.8@103-104, 2.2 60 fts. same problem with launching

Same setup with drag radials, 600ish pressure in the bottle, and spraying from the line, 13.7@101, 1.9-2.0 60 fts.

Since then it's been swapped to a tremec 3550, not tested yet, but I'm hoping for good numbers lol. Launching at 5grand should help it alot :noes:

should come off like a raped ape ;D...do get some videos when you take it out on the track

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
Your luanches are killing you. if you can get that 60ft below 2.0 you'll be MUCH happier. That trap seems low but then again it could be the auto suckin up some power. I don't know anything about autos though.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Might be the trans, has it been rebuilt or anything? My 15.0 was on a remanufactured trans.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
trans sounds like it could be slipping or somthing...seriously your car has to be faster then that. I would go by a trans shop and take the guy for a spin see what he thinks but dont get sucked in I know lots of trans places say "well we can open it up and take a look" if you agree to this I hope you have a deep pocket heh.

OP
OP
S

shrades79

Reaction score
i know a good friend that has a tranny shop ill run it down there sometime and have him see wut he thinks

Z28 This

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
trans sounds like it could be slipping or somthing...seriously your car has to be faster then that. I would go by a trans shop and take the guy for a spin see what he thinks but dont get sucked in I know lots of trans places say "well we can open it up and take a look" if you agree to this I hope you have a deep pocket heh.

when i ripped out my 3rd gear at the track...we got my car back to my friends shop took out the drivetrain,midpipe,and tranny and took the tranny all the way apart in a lil over an hour and got everything fixed(3rd gear gone and the half shaft) for $140 :angel: pays to have friends

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Yea, my buddy rebuit the motor on my fox for a pack of smokes and some beer, lol.

ReVz

Reaction score
yeah my car feels slower then what it is to =(

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well its a common thing for us 94-98 owners search on any large forum and you will see many threads. Our cars need mods to be fast, stock they really arnt much. Add headers, offroad mid pipe, pulleys will be a good start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online